Chapter 66: It Must Be Shen Zhiyan Who Jealously Spoke Ill of Him to Jiang Tao

"Crime Scene" is a newly launched detective-themed variety show that starts with a live broadcast followed by a recorded version.

Each episode features six to eight guests who draw their identities and scripts, with one of them being the murderer while the rest are suspects. They must identify the murderer through two rounds of evidence collection.

The guests of the show are not fixed, which is why guessing which big-name stars will appear in each episode has become a fun point of interaction between netizens and the show.

But no one expected that the first episode would feature such a star-studded cast.

Qin Yu's return to the country had already spread throughout the entertainment circle. Everyone was speculating whether he would first appear in a TV drama, film, release an album, or perhaps participate in a stage play. But no one expected that he would choose to appear on a variety show.

What would seem baffling for other stars, seemed perfectly normal for Qin Yu.

After all, Qin Yu's capricious behavior was as well-known as his talent.

Besides Qin Yu, the first episode's guests also included Jiang Tao, Cheng Jie, Yang Zhen, the female star Duan Lele, and a newcomer actor Li Xiuran.

Before the recording started, the guests got acquainted with each other backstage.

Cheng Jie and Yang Zhen were both old acquaintances of Jiang Tao, as was the director of "Crime Scene" — Shi Han, the same director from "Escape Room."

Shi Han smiled broadly at everyone, "The scripts have already been sent to you in advance. Are you all familiar with them?"

Everyone nodded.

Shi Han said meaningfully, "Then, during the recording, I hope everyone gives it their all."

As soon as he left, Li Xiuran eagerly came over to greet everyone, as he was the least well-known among them.

Duan Lele, with her cheerful personality, was rather bashful in front of Qin Yu, "I never thought I would get the chance to film a variety show with Brother Qin; I really feel so honored..."

Cheng Jie and Yang Zhen also expressed their admiration for Qin Yu.

Only Jiang Tao, engrossed in eating walnuts, completely ignored Qin Yu.

She grasped two walnuts in her fair, delicate hand and, with a light squeeze, cracked them open. She carefully picked out the walnut meat and ate it with relish.

From beginning to end, she didn't spare Qin Yu a single glance.

Qin Yu even deliberately walked past her, but she didn't look up.

This didn't make sense! His looks were supposed to have the greatest impact on girls her age!

Qin Yu began to doubt himself.

Could it be that the food in England was so awful that it ruined his appearance?

But everyone else seemed fine!

It must be Shen Zhiyan being jealous and speaking ill of him in front of Jiang Tao! He thought to himself.

He didn't have long to dwell on this as the recording began.

The guests returned to the makeup room for touch-ups.

At this moment, a staff member from the props team rushed in, "Where is that pair of walnut hand toys I left here just now?"

Then he saw the pile of walnut shells on the table.

"!!!"

Before the live broadcast even started, the viewership for "Crime Scene" had already exceeded fifty million and was continuing to grow.