Chapter 61: This answer is indeed so like her, our Jiang Jiang girl...

-------------

I'm pretty busy so I might not upload chapters on Sunday, sorry guys! I'll try to if I have time.

-------------

Li Xi had long arranged to watch the premiere of "Heavenly Kitchen" with a friend. Her friend had some connections and managed to get tickets for the premiere.

The thought of being in the same theater watching a movie as Jiang Tao made her heart leap with joy.

Her friend saw her excitement and couldn't help but laugh, "You used to mock me for being a fan, but now the old house is burning even hotter than mine!"

Li Xi coughed awkwardly, "But Jiang Jiang is really excellent. You've seen the trailer, right? She's really amazing!"

Her friend said, "Although she looks beautiful in a cheongsam, we can't yet say anything about her acting skills."

She opened Weibo and pulled up a movie blogger she followed, "Qiyue's Movie Notes."

"This is a popular movie blogger recently, called Fang Qiyue. He's a top student at the Communication University and made a video analyzing the 'Heavenly Kitchen' trailer, saying that it was purely edited for effect and doesn't represent the quality of the movie or the actors' performances."

She scrolled further and exclaimed, "Hey! He said he's also attending the premiere today!"

Li Xi instantly felt nervous.

She thought, her child always looks good to her, but rationally, she knew Jiang Tao wasn't a professional actress and would definitely have many shortcomings. If these film critics harshly criticize her, what if it hurts her confidence?

However, the movie was about to start.

She had to temporarily suppress her worries and focus on the movie.

Gradually, she was drawn in by the film's content, her emotions rising and falling with the plot.

At the final scene, when Yu Youxiang seriously drank the fish head tofu soup and left satisfied.

For some reason, she suddenly started crying.

But it wasn't out of sadness. It was as if a hole in her heart had been filled, and she cried from the sense of completeness.

Her friend next to her also sniffled, "I think this movie is pretty good. How about we come back and watch it again in a few days?"

Li Xi nodded vigorously.

The theater lights came on.

The film's creators were about to answer questions from critics and journalists.

Li Xi then remembered what her friend said about the movie blogger being there and felt her heart tighten again.

She didn't understand movies, she just thought it was well made, and her Jiang Jiang acted well. She really didn't want them to be criticized.

What you fear most often comes true.

Soon, a man with green hair, dressed flamboyantly, raised his hand, "Hello, I'm the movie blogger Fang Qiyue. I have a question for Miss Jiang Tao."

Li Xi's heart clenched, wishing she could rush up and cover his mouth.

However, after hearing Fang Qiyue's question, she was stunned.

He talked about her performance being impressive, showing many layers, and being vivid and lifelike...

Was this... a compliment?