1- "Hopefully they have decided to kill her."

Hey guys
I really hope you like this one!

And also if you see any mistakes please comment to let me know. Like if I forgot a name change or if there are any misspellings. It'd be super helpful! Thanks! <3

Evangeline's POV

I was staring out my bedroom window in the orphanage when I saw a bird fly by. Lucky bird, so free, and happy. I was trapped up here and no one...

My thoughts were interrupted by every other girl in the orphanage screaming.

I looked out the window one last time before I walked down stairs. I usually don't leave my room, all the other girls go down to the living room and watch TV or braid each other's hair but I had never heard all of them scream before.

When I got downstairs the girls were all piled against the office door, I asked my only friend; Mindy what was going on.

"Shhh..." Mindy said
"Why? What's happening?"
"Shhh..."
I stood there silently as I hear mumbles from other girls.
"Why is he here?"
"He is so gorgeous!"
"Do you think he will adopt one of us?"
"Or all of us?!"
"Mindy what is happening?" I yelled this time.
"Oh my god, Evangeline, just hold on a second!"
The girls continued murmuring.
"Listen for someone's name."
"Julie."
"Katie."
"Anna."
"Kathy."
"Mindy." Mindy smiled brightly
"Sarah."
"Sally."
"Emma."
"Evangeline."

The names stopped, they listed each of the girls' names.

"Ew! Who would want Evangeline? She's nothing but a dirty rag!" Sarah said to me.
"No I'm not!"

I was teased a lot at the orphanage; Mindy was my roommate so she kind of had to be nice to me. She never stood up for me though or even said good night to me after I would say it to her.

"She's coming!"
All the girls backed away from the door as it opened.
"Evangeline." Mrs. Smith called out. "Come have a seat in the office."

I walked past the girls and Sarah tripped me as I walked into the door, I landed face first with tears in my eyes but I blinked them back. Then someone was helping me up, it was a man I could tell his big, muscular hands that gripped my arm and picked me up.

"Oh you don't have to help her up; she's used to being on the floor. She cleans them." Sarah said as she kicked my shin.
"I think she is perfect." Said the man that helped me up.
Sarah had a shocked look on her face. "She isn't perfect! Like I said she is a rag. Her own father didn't even love her."

I looked at my feet as tears slid down my face, ashamed to be here. Sarah stuck her tongue out at me and the rest of the girls laughed, including Mindy the one I thought I trusted. The door slammed shut.

"I'm sorry Evangeline you know how they are." Said Mrs. Smith "Sweetie I have great news!"
I heard Sarah say through the door, "Hopefully they have decided to kill her."
Mrs. Smith continued talking "Mr. Payne would like to adopt you!"