Chapter 49: Battleground

For the past year my life has been a roller coaster. There has been some up and downs, twists and turns, and even a couple upside down moments. But I wouldn't go back and redo any of it. I'm in love with a lunatic while living my dream job.

"Gotta big match tonight," Roman says bringing me back to reality.

"Yep. I have to win this match,"

"We can still go through with the plan even if you lose your title tonight,"

"Roman, it wouldn't be the same. We both know I have to win my match tonight. If I don't we might as well not even go through with it," Roman doesn't say anything after that.

After a while Roman speaks up again. "How are you and Dean?"

"Well, we made up. He's a lot more distant though. I mean, I don't blame him. It has to be hard to get over hearing your girlfriend tell your best friend that she might not want to be with you anymore,"

"Yeah...," Roman looks behind me and sighs. "Fuck,"

"Oh Roman, anyone but you," Then Bray turns to me. He doesn't say anything he just laughs creepily and walks away.

"What the hell? Why is he going after me again?"

"Because he's an asshole. At least you don't have to wrestle him tonight at Battleground,"

"True, but I do have to retain my title against Paige at Battleground,"

"Touché,"

"Kick Bray's ass for me though,"

"No problem. I'll enjoy it,"

***
Battleground is in three hours and we have to be at the arena in one hour. I'm not really sure what to do to make time go by faster. I decide on watching tv. I flip through the channels an settle on Ghost Adventures. Watching the show takes me back to when Paige and I were best friends and tag team partners. In between shows all we did was watch Ghost Adventures and snack on pizza or candy.

Dean walks through the door pulling me back to reality. He doesn't say anything. He just lays down beside me and pulls me into his arms.

"Do ever wish you could change something's in the past,"

"Like redo things over again?"

"No, just go back and change the outcome of things,"

"Yeah, do you?"

"Yeah," We lay in silence for a little bit before I speak up again. "How do you not hate me?" I guess my question surprises him because doesn't say anything. Then he sits up and faces me. I do the same.

"Why would I ever hate you?"

"I told you to your face and best friend that I might not have feelings or love you anymore. How can you even stay with me after that?"

"Like I told you before, I love you too much to ever let you go. All couples have rough patches and work to get through them. I could never hate you, Milly,"

"But... I crushed you when I said those things,"

"Yes, an I crushed you when I dumped you because I was severely drunk and you still forgave me and took me back when you shouldn't have,"

"Aren't we just perfect for each other?"

"Perfectly insane," Dean kisses me an I kiss back. He starts to pull off my shirt but I stop him.