Chapter 320: Meeting the Emperor

"Okay, then I will go to the palace to report." The eunuch was extremely polite to Gu Shangqing.

  It would be a pity to let the Turks know that Su Zhier has no predictive ability at all.

  Therefore, Gu Shangqing's mission this time was kept confidential, and only a very few people knew about it.

  The eunuch naturally didn't know this.

  Therefore, the eunuch did not know that Gu Shangqing had made a great contribution this time.

  But he knew that Pan Lunchi was extremely polite to Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu.

  Who is Pan Lunchi?

  He is the chief eunuch beside the saint.

  Pan Lunchi understood the saint's mind best.

  Pan Lunchi's attitude represents the saint's regard for Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu.

  This alone was enough to make the eunuchs in the palace polite to Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu.

  Li Mumu and Gu Shangqing got back on the carriage and rushed back home first.

  Everyone in the Gu family had already received the letter sent by Li Mumu.

  Someone from the freight shop also informed me in time.

  So they knew that Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu would arrive in Beijing today, and they were waiting for them at home early.

  Originally, everyone in the Gu family wanted to wait at the city gate.

  I haven't seen Gu Shangqing for a long time and I'm really worried about him.

  But he was stopped by Master Guan.

  Master Guan reminded, "General Gu left the capital on a mission this time. He came back after a long time, so he must have gone to the palace to see the emperor. If you go and wait at the door, you will definitely delay General Gu's time."

  "The Saint may have sympathized with General Gu and asked him to go home and rest first." Master Guan said, "But it is one thing for the Saint to sympathize with him, and General Gu must also show an attitude of putting the Saint first. General Gu should have told the eunuch that he will go to see the Saint immediately after returning to bathe and change clothes."

  Otherwise, it would be disrespectful to the saint to go to see him in a dusty and wrinkled dress.

  "Then listen to Master Guan." Mother Gu said after hearing this.

  Everyone in the Gu family decided to wait at home obediently.

  One of the reasons why Master Guan was able to stay in the Gu family was because Gu Xiuxiu, Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin were smart and well-behaved.

  Another thing is that everyone in the Gu family is able to listen to advice and will not be smart on their own.

  Based on this point alone, they will not hold back Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu, and the family will surely prosper.

  Master Guan got along well with them and was willing to continue staying in the Gu family.

  Therefore, everyone in the Gu family could not help but wait anxiously at home.

  Gu Xiuxiu and the other two went to the alley entrance to take a look soon after.

  At this time, Gu Xiuxiu and the other two went to the alley entrance again and saw Li Mingyu coming in front of them with a carriage.