Chapter 316: Transformation

"The general is still in bed recovering from his injuries." Su Mei continued, "When the general woke up, he heard his wife talk about the kindness of Mr. Zhang and Miss Zhang, and he was very grateful. When the general was able to get out of bed, he and his wife came to thank him together."

  "I don't deserve it, I absolutely don't deserve it. We didn't do anything." Old Man Zhang waved his hands again and again, "Besides, we don't have money to hire a doctor to treat us, so we can only go up the mountain to collect herbs. We didn't use the herbs properly, and we delayed General Gu's recovery. He almost let General Gu..."

  Old man Zhang said with shame, "I am so ashamed. How dare I thank General Gu and his wife again?"

  Su Mei shook her head and said, "Madam Gu said that no matter what, it was you who saved General Gu. You went up the mountain to collect herbs, which also allowed General Gu's body to sustain itself so that Madam Gu could find him. Otherwise, General Gu would have died in the wilderness..."

  "So, General Gu and Madam Gu are here to thank you no matter what you say. Please don't refuse." Su Mei said, "This is also to fulfill General Gu and Madam Gu's gratitude."

  "Oh, this..." Old man Zhang was also in a dilemma.

  Because they had no money, they almost killed Gu Shangqing.

  He said before that he would report the matter to the police and let the government handle it.

  But Zhang Yingzi was not happy about it, so the matter was delayed.

  It is true that they saved Gu Shangqing, but Zhang Yingzi's selfish motives were also mixed in.

  This made Old Man Zhang unable to accept the thanks from Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu with peace of mind.

  But if I don't agree, it would seem like I don't know what's good for me.

  Old man Zhang was in a real dilemma.

  Su Mei then said, "Send Miss Zhang home, and we will be relieved. Don't worry too much, old man. Our General Gu and Madam Gu are both grateful and repaying."

  After saying that, Su Mei bowed to Old Man Zhang and left with Zhao Zhengxiang and his men.

  Old man Zhang sighed and said, "Yingzi, let's go home."

  Zhang Yingzi pursed her lips and went into the yard with Old Man Zhang.

  After entering the house, Old Man Zhang asked, "How have you been doing in the city these days?"

  "It's not bad." Zhang Yingzi thought about it and felt wronged, "They...they all look down on me."

  "They think I'm a peasant girl who has never seen the world and that I'm stupid." Zhang Yingzi said aggrievedly, "If I were like them, how could I not have seen the world? Why do they look down on me?"

  Old man Zhang opened his mouth and thought, what can I do?

  Who let Zhang Yingzi be born in their family?

  "Yingzi, let's not think too much in the future. Just live a good life at home as before." Old man Zhang said, "In fact, our life is not as good as others, but better than others. Although we were born in a mountain village, we have enough food and clothes."

  Zhang Yingzi thought to herself how could they be the same?

  She used to think it was pretty good.

  But when I followed Li Mumu and others to the city and lived in an inn, it was very different from staying at home.

  She couldn't imagine what kind of life people like Li Mumu usually lead.