Chapter 368: Response

"You've come just in time." Zhang Caiping said with a smile, "We were just about to leave."

  So the three of them went home together in a carriage.

  Gu's snack shop is busier, as Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei have not returned home yet.

  There is no curfew in Daxi, and the night is very lively.

  Many people go out for a midnight snack at night.

  When the three of them returned to the mansion, Gu Shangqing had just returned.

  "Why are you so late today?" Li Mumu asked Gu Shangqing.

  Gu Shangqing knew that she would be back late tonight, but Gu Shangqing always went home after finishing his shift.

  "Don't mention it." Gu Shangqing said helplessly, "I was summoned by the Saint just after I got off duty today."

  "What's the matter?" Li Mumu asked.

  Since Gu Shangqing has said it, I think it is not impossible for him to tell the specific details of being summoned by the saint.

  Gu Shangqing couldn't help laughing and said, "I didn't expect that the Saint had sent skewers to the East Palace before he knew that you hadn't started selling food in your shop yet. The aroma of the skewers that the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess were grilling in the East Palace courtyard wafted out."

  The crown prince also gave some to the eldest prince and the third prince, and set aside a few strings for the saint to taste.

  Li Mumu said, "Oops!", "It was indeed my negligence. I sent quite a lot to the Eastern Palace because I thought that the Crown Prince had a good relationship with the First Prince and the Third Prince, so I would definitely give some to them, but..."

  Li Mumu whispered, "But I forgot about the saint's place. I should give some more so that the prince can share it with the saint."

  "That's fine, because the prince said that the imperial physician advised the saint not to eat anything too greasy. The saint only eats fried chicken once a month, and can only eat a little at a time. Barbecue is also oily and spicy, so the prince only gave the saint a few skewers to try, and also explained to the saint that it's not that he was reluctant to give more, but that he couldn't let the saint eat too much."

  "The Saint was quite happy when he told me about this matter. Although he was under the control of the Crown Prince, the Crown Prince did this for the Saint's health." Gu Shangqing said.

  Thinking more deeply, if the saint is in good health, he can sit on the throne for a few more years, and the prince will have to ascend the throne a few years later.

  But the prince didn't care and would rather keep the saint healthy.

  How can this not be the prince's filial piety?

  This shows that in the eyes of the prince, the saint is first

  First he was his father, and then he became the emperor.

  Compared to the throne, the prince hopes that his father can live a long and healthy life.

  For example, last time the Third Prince sent fried chicken to the Crown Prince and the Eldest Prince, although the Saint was missed, he quickly made up for it later.

  But the saint was only depressed for a moment and was not really angry with the third prince.

  The saint felt that the reason why the Third Prince forgot him was because he only regarded him as a father and nothing else, so he had no intention of pleasing him. He was just like other naughty children in other families and often forgot his parents.