Chapter 399: Imprisonment

"There will be a palace banquet tonight, and the imperial kitchen will prepare a lot of delicious food. I will save a portion for you then." Shunzi said with a smile.

  "Okay." Zhao Xia responded softly, "Don't worry, I'll go back first."

  "Okay." Sunzi waved to Zhaoxia and left.

  Zhao Xia also walked back a few steps, but when he turned around and saw that Shunzi had already left, he hurried back.

  She took out a small porcelain bottle from her bosom, poured out some medicine powder from it, sprinkled it on the meat on the rack, and then spread it evenly with her hand.

  There is a difference between roasting for a saint and roasting for a guest.

  Just by looking at the size of the meat, she knew that it must be for the saint.

  After Zhao Xia finished doing all this, he put away the bottle and was about to leave.

  Who knew that when he turned around, he found himself surrounded.

  Before she could say anything, the guards took her down.

  "What are you doing!" Zhao Xia shouted.

  "Go to jail and make excuses." The guard found the medicine bottle from her sleeve and wrapped up the medicated flesh.

  "Let me go, what are you doing! I am innocent!" Zhao Xia shouted.

  "If you didn't do anything, how can you be wronged?" the guard said coldly.

  They tied Zhao Xia up and went out, only to see Shunzi standing at the door, who should have left long ago.

  "Shunzi, you are not..." Zhaoxia was surprised.

  "You used to be someone who didn't socialize with anyone in the palace. If you hadn't come out to find me, I wouldn't even know you existed. I found it strange that you suddenly came to talk to me and make friends with me." Shunzi said coldly, "If you weren't careful in the palace, you would have died countless times!"

  Zhao Xia said angrily: "You betrayed me!"

  "Bah! You have bad intentions!" Shunzi was filled with hatred. "If you really succeeded, I would not be alive! How dare you talk about betrayal!"

  Shunzi originally didn't know what Zhaoxia was planning to do, but he just felt that Zhaoxia's sudden change was a little strange.

  When Zhaoxia came to talk to him, Shunzi didn't know who Zhaoxia was. Later, he found out after asking around and told Eunuch Wang.

  Eunuch Wang told him to deal with Zhao Xia, but not to really treat Zhao Xia as a friend.

  Then, Eunuch Wang went to tell Pan Lunchi.

  At the same time, the secret guards also discovered Zhao Xia's relationship with Shunzi.

  Pan Lunchi called Shunzi and asked him to cooperate.

  Shunzi didn't know the purpose, but still cooperated.

  It was not until just now, when he saw Zhao Xia's actions, that Shunzi realized that Zhao Xia was planning to kill the king!
  Shunzi was so scared that he felt cold all over. The sweat he shed on a hot day was cold, and he shivered all over.

  Fortunately, he was alert and saved his life.

  At the same time Zhao Xia was taken away, the guards also came to the side hall of Ciyuan Hall, where Zhang Yingzi lived.