Chapter 358: Apology (II)

Madam Liu took the gift of apology and said, "It is my family's fault this time. I hope General Gu and Madam Gu will not despise it."

  Li Mumu said, "It's better to talk about it. Madam Liu, there's no need to be like this. It makes us feel embarrassed."

  "They are not valuable things." Madam Liu said, "Zi Zheng said that Bai Yuan loves calligraphy, Bai Jin loves research, and Xiu Xiu loves painting. So I brought Zi Hou's calligraphy, Gong Wu's books, and Zhou Fang's paintings. They are all easy to find in the shop and not expensive. Especially the "Zi Ren Yi Zhi". It would be a waste of resources to keep it in my house. No one in my family studies these things."

  "I heard from Zi Zheng that Bai Jin is very talented in this area and he likes it very much. It's better to give it to Bai Jin who can make good use of it than to leave it in my house and let it gather dust." Madam Liu said, "These are not expensive things. If you don't accept them, we will feel uneasy."

  "Yes." Liu Hanlin said, "Besides, you all have forgiven us and invited us to dinner. Even if you are not here to apologize but just to have dinner, there is no reason for us to come empty-handed."

  Gu Shangqing then said, "Okay, then we will accept it. But don't be so polite in the future. It makes us feel embarrassed."

  "Yes, yes." Liu Hanlin nodded repeatedly, "Your and my two families are neighbors, so we should visit each other more often and get closer."

  At this time, Mother Gu spoke up, "Master Liu, Madam Liu, please take a seat, don't stand."

  Liu Hanlin sat down with Mrs. Liu.

  Liu Zizheng took the initiative to find Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin. He did not sit down, but raised his little hands and saluted Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin.

  "Bai Yuan, Bai Jin, I'm really sorry. When you came to me in the afternoon, I didn't know what was going on. It was only after I asked the manager that I found out about this." Liu Zizheng said.

  Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin also stood up. Gu Baiyuan blushed slightly and said, "What we did was not right. We were also a little angry, so we brought fruit tea to you and didn't tell you about the barbecue."

  "After we came back, our parents talked to us." Gu Baiyuan said with a red face.

  Liu Zizheng shook his head and said, "You didn't blame me directly, you just told me how good Madam Gu San was. It was because of your concern for our friendship that you reminded me in such a tactful way."

  "If it weren't for

  For my sake, you can just criticize me directly." Liu Zizheng bowed, "Thank you very much."

  This made Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin feel very embarrassed.

  Gu Baijin said: "You... let's not talk about this anymore, sit down first."

  "What would you like to drink?" Gu Baiyuan also brought a sign.

  They are thin bamboo strips with the names of fruit teas engraved on them. There are too many types of fruit teas to mention them one by one, and it would be troublesome to remember them all.

  Liu Zizheng's eyes lit up. He had actually already thought about what he wanted to drink. Although he wanted to have a glass of everything, he also knew that this would be too much.

  He had made up his mind. He would have a drink today, and when Gu's snacks started selling in a few days, he would ask someone to buy them for him.

  "I want a cup of jasmine hawthorn Meimei, is that okay?" Liu Zizheng looked at Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin eagerly.

  Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin smiled and said, "Of course."

  The servant prepared a cup of jasmine hawthorn plum wine for Liu Zizheng according to the recipe given by Li Mumu.

  Mrs. Liu ordered a glass of jasmine peach. Liu Hanlin didn't like sweet things very much, but decided to try it anyway and ordered a glass of jasmine grape tangerine.

  The servants grilled some skewers and brought them over. The skewers on the iron skewers were still sizzling with grease. The seasoning on top made the color of the skewers even more attractive, and they also exuded an irresistible aroma.

  Liu Hanlin didn't want to appear too incompetent, so he endured it.

  Gu Shangqing made a "please" gesture, "Master Liu, Madam Liu, please have some."

  "Well... then I won't be polite." Liu Hanlin said with a smile. His eyes could not help but fall on the skewers. He took a skewer of meat and ate it first, then asked about other things he had never seen before.

  "Does Lord Liu avoid eating offal and chicken feet?" Gu Shangqing asked.

  "Not really." Liu Hanlin shook his head. "I didn't like it before because it wasn't cooked well and always had a fishy smell. But after trying it at Gu's Snack Shop, I really like its special taste."

  "Then Lord Liu, you can use these with confidence." Gu Shangqing introduced one by one what they were and where they were located.

  "I didn't expect that these could be grilled and eaten." Liu Hanlin only hated his mouth.

  It's not enough. I wish I could just eat three or four skewers at a time and put them all in my mouth.

  While eating, Liu Hanlin felt fortunate that he had not eaten much before because he had no appetite.

  There is plenty of room in the belly for these now.

  After drinking the fruit tea, they switched to the same wine as Gu Shangqing and the others, and they drank, ate meat and chatted together.

  "Mrs. Gu, you have to sell these in the store quickly." Liu Hanlin said, "Otherwise, after eating such delicious food today, you will miss it all the time if you can't eat it later."

  "Mrs. Gu, when do you plan to sell these in your store?" Mrs. Liu also asked.

  "We still need to adjust some details. In about five days, we will be able to sell it in the store." Li Mumu said, "By then, the fruit tea will be sold at Gu's Snacks, Gu's Fried Chicken, and Wangyou Xiaoxi. The barbecue will be sold during the dinner time at Gu's Snacks and Wangyou Xiaoxi."

  "It's too hot during the day, and there's little wind. If you barbecue, the smoke is heavy and the smell is strong, which is not easy to dissipate, affecting the dining experience of people on the street and customers in the store." Li Mumu explained, "And Wangyou Xiaoxi is for women to rest and relax, and they also go for massages and so on."

  "It would be unpleasant if we smell the smoky smell outside while having a massage to relax." Li Mumu said, "We women like to be clean and have a sweet body. When Wangyou Xiaoxi gives massage to customers, they will light candles and incense. How can such a beautiful and quiet atmosphere be destroyed by the smoky smell?"

  Mrs. Liu could already imagine the wonderful and leisurely atmosphere in her mind, and it was indeed not suitable for her to smell the barbecue smell.

  Speaking of which, she had not yet experienced the relaxing massage that Li Mumu mentioned at Wangyou Xiaojie. Now, listening to Li Mumu's words, she thought she should try it someday. It sounded very comfortable.

  "It starts to get a little cooler in the evening, and there's wind, which can blow away the smell of fireworks. And guests who go there to relax during the day won't go there during dinner time." Li Mumu said, "This way it won't affect the guests who come here to relax."

  "That's right." Mrs. Liu agreed, "Then when they start selling these, we will definitely support them."

  "Eh!" Liu Hanlin shook his head. "It's not certain whether we can get a seat by then. Every time the Gu family's shop has new food, it is full of customers very early. People who want to eat have to line up."