Chapter 388: Restrictions

Thinking about the fact that I am seriously ill in bed, looking at my current condition, I am afraid that even the imperial physician cannot save me.

  In fact, Old Man Zhang has already prepared himself mentally. He may not be able to see the sun tomorrow when he closes his eyes.

  It could be gone at any time.

  He couldn't even hold on until Zhang Yingzi left the palace.

  Even in such a situation, Zhang Yingzi was able to enter the palace without even thinking about him.

  I wonder if Zhang Yingzi thought of her seriously ill father outside the palace at all when she was left behind in the palace by the Queen.

  But have you ever thought that he might not be able to make it at any time and go away at any time?

  She couldn't even wait for anyone to notify the palace.

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "Don't think too much. Miss Zhang is worried about you. It's just that we are here to take care of you, and the imperial physician is here. The palace will ask about your situation every day, so Miss Zhang can know at any time. Miss Zhang is a little relieved."

  "What you need to do now is to take good care of yourself. Once you are well, Miss Zhang will be able to rest assured, right?" Li Mumu said with a smile, "If so, she can stay in the palace for a few more days. When she leaves the palace in the future, she will have the reputation of being taught by the Empress in the palace."

  "At that time, why worry about finding a good husband?" Li Mumu comforted.

  Li Mumu said that if things were so smooth, there would be no need to look for a husband after leaving the palace.

  He has money and a good reputation, so no one dares to mess with him.

  Wouldn't you be happier?

  But Old Man Zhang obviously wanted Zhang Yingzi to marry into a good family.

  Hearing Li Mumu say this, Old Man Zhang was indeed relieved. "Thanks to Madam Gu for her good words, if this is really possible, it would be great."

  Li Mumu smiled and said a few words to Old Man Zhang, asking him to have a good rest, before leaving Old Man Zhang's yard.

  However, Zhang Yingzi discovered that life in the palace did not seem as she had imagined.

  She came into the palace without anyone with her, and had no one she was used to having around her.

  Now he lives in a side hall of the Queen's bedroom, and the palace maids around him are all sent by the Queen.

  Usually, these people follow her wherever she goes.

  At first, Zhang Yingzi thought it was pretty good and was very proud of it.

  She had never been served by so many people.

  Whether it was the family in Chong'an that became wealthy because of Li Mumu, or after coming to the Gu Mansion, there were never so many servants around them.

  But after some time, Zhang Yingzi realized something was wrong.

  Wherever she went, there were people following her, and if they were just there to serve her, that would be fine.

  But the space she could move around in the palace was limited.

  To be precise, one cannot leave the queen's bedroom at all.