Chapter 383: Confession

"Moreover, if Old Man Zhang was really poisoned and was cured by Doctor Lu, I'm afraid there will be someone watching Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi. With Zhang Yingzi being so stupid, wouldn't it be easy for someone to know about Old Man Zhang's condition?" The saint said, "Separate them, cover up Old Man Zhang's condition and don't let anyone know."

  "If Old Man Zhang is really cured, don't tell anyone about it," said the saint.

  "That may require the cooperation of the Gu Mansion." The prince said, "Originally, we moved Old Man Zhang out of the Gu Mansion and put him in a separate courtyard. The courtyard is well guarded inside and outside, so naturally the news will not be leaked. But what if Old Man Zhang was really poisoned, and the person who poisoned him just used Old Man Zhang as an experiment, and the ultimate target is the emperor. Then our move will undoubtedly make the other party suspicious, alerting them, and we won't be able to find them out."

  "Father, I suspect that the other party is using Old Man Zhang as an experiment. They have calculated that Old Man Zhang is poisoned, and Zhang Yingzi will bring Old Man Zhang to the capital to ask General Gu for help." The prince said slowly, "Now that Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi have come to the capital, we can test whether anyone in the capital, including the imperial doctors, has a way to cure Old Man Zhang."

  "If even the imperial physician is helpless, then..."

  If a saint is poisoned, even gods cannot save him.

  The saint clenched his teeth, took a deep breath, and said, "Summon Zhang Yingzi to the palace in the name of the queen. Tell her that Zhang Yingzi saved Gu Shangqing, and that she is kind-hearted and commendable. She also said that this action has inadvertently contributed to Daxi. I heard that Zhang Yingzi has come to the capital, so I summoned her to the palace to see him."

  "Then let the queen find an excuse to keep Zhang Yingzi here," said the saint. "Zhang Yingzi is vain and brainless. If she is really kept here, I'm afraid she will even abandon her seriously ill father."

  "That's perfect. Then we can see whether Zhang Yingzi is really such a person or whether I have misunderstood her." The saint said slowly.

  "Yes." replied the prince.

  "As for the Gu family..." The saint groaned for a moment, "General Gu and Madam Gu are both smart people. I'm afraid they have already made some guesses, otherwise they wouldn't have come to the Crown Princess to talk about so many things."

  The saint looked at the prince with a half-smile, "Your princess is also a smart person."

  The prince bowed his head, "The Crown Princess has always been loyal to the Saint and Da Xi. She just doesn't want to cause suspicion and misunderstanding, so she never says it. But everything she does is for the Saint and for her son."

  "You don't have to be nervous. I didn't say anything." The saint smiled and said, "The Crown Princess and her grandfather are both people I trust. Otherwise, I would not have chosen Li Zhiyin as your Crown Princess."

  "However, I have always thought that although you are kind to your brothers, you lack other feelings." The saint said, "I didn't expect that you have such deep feelings for the Crown Princess."

  "Father..." the prince said helplessly, "I like the Crown Princess. When I first chose her, I thought she matched my temperament and would definitely get along with me. At least she wouldn't hold me back."

  "Later, before we got married, my son and the Crown Princess came into contact as an engaged couple. The more we interacted, the more fortunate I was that my father had chosen her to be the Crown Princess for me," the Crown Prince said honestly.