Chapter 312: Sending Home

"And now, General Gu has woken up, and Doctor Lu said that General Gu is fine, and he just needs to recuperate in the remaining time." Zhao Zhengxiang sneered, "Why don't you go back?"

  "Miss Zhang, I am very grateful that you saved me. But it is really bad for your reputation that you are here alone." General Gu said, "General Zhang will send someone to take you back and tell them that my wife intends to do business here. She heard that there are abundant herbs in the mountains, so she specially asked you to be a guide."

  "Now that it's over, I'll send you home. No one else in your village can gossip about you. Don't worry, young lady." Gu Shangqing said.

  "Madam, have you prepared any thank-you gifts for Old Man Zhang and Miss Zhang?" Gu Shangqing asked Li Mumu.

  "I've prepared it." Li Mumu called Su Mei again, "Su Mei, go get the thank-you gift I prepared for Miss Zhang."

  "Yes." Su Mei responded and went to get the thank-you gift.

  Li Mumu said: "I have prepared two thank-you gifts. One is for us to take when we go to thank you together. The other is for Miss Zhang to take home."

  "I also thought that Miss Zhang followed us here alone, and if she goes back, people will inevitably gossip about her. So I planned to say that Miss Zhang helped me and I returned the gift of thanks."

  "My husband's reasons are more comprehensive." Li Mumu said.

  "I know that Madam is always considerate." Gu Shangqing looked at Li Mumu and smiled.

  After escaping death this time, he cherished Li Mumu even more when he saw her again.

  Seeing Gu Shangqing like this, Zhao Zhengxiang felt relieved. "Okay, okay, I won't be here to watch you two being affectionate."

  "Miss Zhang, let's set off early. I will personally bring people to send you back." Zhao Zhengxiang said.

  This is not a send-off, it is clearly an escort.

  Li Mumu and Gu Shangqing didn't expect that Zhao Zhengxiang was so helpful. As a fourth-rank general, he actually wanted to personally see Zhang Yingzi back home.

  "General Gu, you..." Zhang Yingzi looked at Gu Shangqing and mustered up the courage to say, "When you were in my house, you were unconscious and awake from time to time. Although you were unconscious most of the time, you also woke up sometimes."

  "I don't have any impression." Gu Shangqing said, "Did I say anything?"

  He was worried that he might reveal some military matters or things that the saint had told him to do when he was not fully sober.

  Zhang Yingzi shook her head and said, "You didn't say anything, but you saw me when you were awake."

  So what?

  Gu Shangqing was very puzzled, so he said, "I'm really sorry, I really don't remember. I was probably not conscious at that time. Even if I opened my eyes, I was still confused and didn't know where I was or who I had seen."

  Zhang Yingzi bit her lip.

  "When you were at my house, I was always talking to you." Zhang Yingzi said, "You were unconscious, and I was worried, so I kept talking to you. Even though you were unconscious and I don't know if you heard me or not, I believe you can hear my voice and will try to wake up."

  "When you were awake, I was the one who talked to you. I saw you looking at me with a very warm gaze." Zhang Yingzi asked anxiously, "How come you don't remember anything?"

  "You..." Zhang Yingzi said, risking her life, "Is it because your wife is here that you dare not say anything? That's why you have to pretend that you don't remember anything?"

  Gu Shangqing: "!!!"

  It's such a big pot, he can't take the blame!

  "I act openly and honestly, and I have nothing to hide from my wife, so why should I pretend?" Gu Shangqing anxiously held Li Mumu's hand, "Madam, what I promised you has never changed."

  "I know." Li Mumu said.

  If Gu Shangqing can maintain this attitude, then there will be no problem.

  Zhao Zhengxiang said to Su Mei, "You and Su Lan go help Miss Zhang pack her things and send her home."

  "Yes." Su Mei's voice sounded lighter.

  Su Mei came to Zhang Yingzi and grabbed her arm, "Miss Zhang, come with me to pack your luggage."

  Zhang Yingzi didn't want to give up, but her arm was held tightly by Su Mei. Su Mei's expression didn't change at all and she kept smiling.

  But Zhang Yingzi felt as if her arms were tightly bound by an iron ring and she could not struggle at all.

  As Su Mei spoke, she pulled Zhang Yingzi out of the room and arrived at Zhang Yingzi's room.

  Only Li Mumu and Gu Shangqing were left in the room.

  "Finally, I can take a good look at you." Gu Shangqing gently pulled Li Mumu's hand.

  Li Mumu understood and sat down beside his bed.

  "You haven't answered me just now. Were you injured when you were attacked by the Turks?" Gu Shangqing asked again.

  The question just now was interrupted by Zhang Yingzi's presence.

  Li Mumu shook her head, "No, Li Mingyu and Su Meisulan are both very good at kung fu."

  "In Ashinali..." Li Mumu explained, "that Turkic man. Li Mingyu and Sumeisulan told me when they were following our carriage outside the town."

  "It is precisely because we noticed it early that we were able to respond in time. With Li Mingyu and Su Meisulan protecting me, I was not injured." Li Mumu smiled, "They are all cautious people. No matter what happens, even if it is beneficial to us, they will not leave me alone. There is always someone guarding me."

  "We captured Ashina Li alive and got some information from him." Li Mumu said, "Ashina Li is now in General Zhao's army."

  "I'm glad you're okay. Since it has been handed over to General Zhao, let him handle it." Gu Shangqing stopped talking and just looked at Li Mumu quietly.

  Li Mumu said that if he had not returned by the agreed time, she would come to find him.

  She really did what she said.

  Gu Shangqing was still shaking as he held Li Mumu's hand. "If you didn't find me in Daxi, would you still want to go to Turkestan?"

  "Based on the information provided by Ashina Li, I judge that you should be on the side of Daxi. Otherwise, with the Turks searching so hard, they would not be able to find you."

  "Besides, the terrain on the Turkic side is not easy to hide, but they haven't found you for such a long time, so I think you are very likely to have returned to Daxi."

  "Ashina Li also said that you were seriously injured." Li Mumu said, "I think you are very likely unable to move because of your injuries, so you haven't returned yet. I'm worried that you are too seriously injured and even fall into the hands of the bad guys."

  "It doesn't make sense that you finally escaped from the Turks, but ended up falling into the hands of the bad guys in Daxi." Li Mumu said.

  "But I have thought about it. If I still cannot find you in Daxi after a few days, I will go to Turkestan to look for you." Li Mumu said, "I have already asked those Hu merchants about it. When the time comes, I will follow a Hu merchant to enter Turkestan."