Chapter 338: Exposed

"However, although I have no hope of passing the imperial examination in this lifetime, I still hope that my son can pass the imperial examination." Uncle Hu said, "So I secretly teach my son to read at home."

  "When my son was reading in the courtyard, Li Mumu was secretly listening outside the courtyard." Uncle Hu seemed to recall and smiled, "One day, I found her, and I also taught her to read and recognize characters."

  "However, I don't want anyone to know that I can read. The reason has been explained before." Uncle Hu said, "So I also told Li Mumu not to let the villagers know that I can read and write."

  "People in our village..." Uncle Hu laughed at himself, "To be honest, they are all gossipy. If they knew that I was studying and had not achieved anything at my age, they would definitely make up stories to make fun of me behind my back."

  "I just didn't expect that Li Mumu would keep her promise to this extent. She has always said to others that she was self-taught and didn't tell anyone about me. Even if she said she secretly listened to others studying, she only talked about my son." Uncle Hu said, "That's why people took the opportunity to frame her, saying that she was lying, and even wanted to frame her for being possessed by a female ghost or something."

  "If you were really framed successfully, wouldn't you be burned to death?" Uncle Hu looked at Su Zhier, "You are so young, yet you are so cruel and ruthless."

  Su Zhier said angrily: "Who knows whether what you said is true or false!"

  "Then you can test me." Uncle Hu said, "Although I didn't pass the exam, I won't forget the books I read."

  "Besides, Li Mumu's parents recognized me as soon as they saw me just now. I am from Yongning Village, so it is true, right?" Uncle Hu said, "You can also ask them. If you test my knowledge, I can answer it, so what I said is true."

  Uncle Hu looked at Su Zhier coldly, "I have actually been watching you for quite a while. You have been hiding yourself and wearing a veil. But I see that everyone knows who you are. Why are you still hiding?"

  "You are such a despicable person, yet you still have the nerve to blame Li Mumu for your despicable behavior?" Uncle Hu had a cold and sarcastic expression on his face.

  "That's right!" When the people around heard Uncle Hu's words, they all thought it made a lot of sense!

  Li Mumu didn't expect that Uncle Hu had such great eloquence. He was indeed a man who had studied all his life.

  Although I failed to pass the imperial examination, I still have a lot of knowledge.

  Quite a bit.

  The original owner did not learn to read and write with Uncle Hu.

  When Li Mumu first married into the Gu family, she gave the excuse that she had some knowledge by saying that she had secretly listened to a scholar in the village reading at home and taught herself to read.

  This was of course the excuse she made for herself to learn to read.

  However, Li Mumu was not making things up.

  Because there was a brief mention in the original book, there was indeed a family of scholars in Yongning Village.

  It was Uncle Hu and his son.

  Just as Uncle Hu said, because he did not achieve anything in his studies and did not want to become a topic of conversation among the villagers, he kept the fact that he could read and write a secret in the village.