Chapter 356: Untitled

Madam Liu nodded, "That's it. When Zi Zheng came to look for me, Chief Steward Liu was reporting to me about the affairs of the mansion."

  "Zi Zheng happened to ask Chief Steward Liu, and Chief Steward Liu said that some time ago, he found out that a servant in the mansion had talked about this matter." Madam Liu did not mention the attendant beside Liu Zi Zheng.

  The attendant had followed Liu Zizheng for a long time and was loyal to him and never led him astray.

  He didn't gossip in front of Liu Zizheng.

  This time, I told this matter because of Liu Zizheng's reminder, and Mrs. Liu did not blame me.

  What's more, Liu Zizheng had personally begged her not to reveal his servants.

  Old Madam Liu could not do anything to Butler Liu, but she could easily find a reason to punish a small servant around Liu Zizheng.

  Therefore, Madam Liu concealed the matter of Liu Zizheng's attendant and spoke directly about Butler Liu.

  "How dare you!" Liu Hanlin was really angry when he heard this. "We are neighbors, so we live close to each other. Words can easily spread. They are still gossiping about other places in the mansion."

  "If the Gu family knew about this, I would lose all my face!" Liu Hanlin said angrily, "General Gu is well-known for protecting his wife. He even defended his wife in front of the second prince of the Turkic Empire without hesitation. If he knew about the gossips people in our mansion were saying about Madam Gu San, he would definitely report me!"

  "No, he should have known about it. The two children of the Gu family came to tell me all this, obviously to clear the name of the third Madam Gu." Liu Hanlin paced back and forth anxiously, "If things go wrong tomorrow at court, I might be reported to General Gu."

  "Madam, is it too late to prepare an apology now? Please follow me to Gu's house to apologize." Liu Hanlin said.

  "Although the Gu family knows about it, it was not passed on by our servants. If it is not resolved, it will be useless even if I apologize today." Mrs. Liu sighed.

  "Why is this?" Liu Hanlin asked, "Is there anything else?"

  Madam Liu then told Madam Gu about how Old Madam Liu had actually spread the gossip directly to Old Madam Gu.

  Liu Hanlin knew that Old Madam Liu didn't like Madam Liu very much.

  It was fine at first, but when Mrs. Liu started to take charge of the household, Old Lady Liu began to dislike everything about Mrs. Liu.

  People often talk about Madam Liu's faults outside, but Madam Liu manages the Liu Mansion in an orderly manner.

  Therefore, no one believed what Old Lady Liu said.

  On the contrary, when Old Madam Liu talked about this, they treated her behavior as a joke.

  Liu Hanlin stopped Madam Liu from doing this more than once.

  But every time she finished speaking, Old Lady Liu would be quiet for a while.

  After a while, he started talking again.

  Liu Hanlin was tired.

  Unexpectedly, this time, Madam Liu was so angry.

  Liu Hanlin immediately said, "I'll go talk to my mother right away! Does she still want me to be an official?"

  Liu Hanlin quickly walked out the door, then turned back and said to Madam Liu, "Please prepare some suitable gifts, and after dinner, we will go to the Gu Mansion to apologize."