Chapter 322: What's the Problem?

"When is the wedding date set?" Li Mumu asked.

  "March of next year." Li Zhiyin said, which was the date calculated by the Imperial Astronomical Observatory.

  "You..." Li Mumu hesitated for a moment, lowered her voice and asked, "Are you okay?"

  "It's OK." Li Zhiyin said, "At first I did think it would be best if I wasn't chosen, but now it's a foregone conclusion. It's useless even if I don't want to. Life must go on."

  "Since I can't change it, I can only try my best to live a good life." Li Zhiyin said.

  Li Zhiyin smiled bitterly, "To be honest, deep down, I have always been looking forward to my future husband. It would be great if he didn't take a concubine."

  "It's just the two of us for life, there won't be those dirty things in the inner house." Li Zhiyin said, "Of course, if he takes a concubine, I can naturally control her. We just need to respect each other like guests. I can't respect and love him."

  Li Mumu thought that the ancients were different after all.

  Li Zhiyin was considered a woman with very advanced ideas in this era, as she could say that she didn't want her husband to take a concubine.

  However, if her husband really wanted to take a concubine, she would not divorce him as long as it was not excessive.

  On the contrary, she had thought before that as long as Gu Shangqing liked someone, she would just divorce him and help him.

  In short, it is impossible for them to be together. Watching him talking and laughing with other women, he treats her the same way he treats others.

  "But now..." Li Zhiyin didn't continue.

  Since she was going to marry the prince, she naturally couldn't expect him to be devoted to her.

  Being able to maintain her dignity as the Crown Princess already shows that she is a sensible Crown Prince.

  She smiled, but fearing that someone might have ears, she did not continue speaking. She only said in her heart that from now on she would treat being the Crown Princess as a job.

  "By the way, we haven't had time to ask you, except for the attack by that Turk, did everything else go smoothly when you went to see General Gu this time?" asked Madam Shang.

  Li Mumu thought about it and decided to tell her about Zhang Yingzi.

  "I think that girl is a stubborn person who tends to get stuck in a rut." Li Mumu said, "I just hope she can really let it go."

  "You mean, could she find her way back to Beijing in the future?" Guo Liyan was surprised.

  "How far is that? She has come all the way from Wuwei to the capital. She is from an ordinary family and has no money to hire a guard. It must be unsafe for her to travel all the way."

  "It would be fine if they were in love with each other, but this matter was just her one-sided wish from the beginning to the end. So why did she come here from afar?" Zhang Qihui was puzzled.

  "She wants to move herself, and she also hopes that the other person can be moved by her." Madam Shang said slowly.

  "These are just guesses. Maybe she can really figure it out." Although she said so, Li Mumu did not hold out any hope based on what Zhang Yingzi said and did.

  "It's okay that she didn't have money before. She was willing but powerless." Li Zhiyin said, "But now you have given them a lot of money. Although they are not rich, they can become a wealthy family in Wuwei. After accumulating some money, they can afford servants and guards. It is very likely that they will bring guards with them when the time comes."

  "Don't think about it for now." Li Mumu shook her head, "Don't worry about things that haven't happened yet."

  Li Mumu raised her glass, "Zhiyin, we are the same, we don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. Between you and the prince, and me and my husband, we don't make assumptions about things that haven't happened yet."

  "Okay." Li Zhiyin nodded.

  After the few people left, Li Mumu got on Li Zhiyin's carriage and asked her own driver to follow behind.

  After arriving at General Li's mansion, she changed to her own carriage and went back.

  In Li Zhiyin's carriage, Li Mumu asked in a low voice: "I have never met the prince, what do you think of him?"

  "So far, he's pretty good," Li Zhiyin said. "He's a loving brother and kind person. Although he's kind, he's also decisive. Having such a prince is a good thing for Yu Daxi."

  "What about him as a husband?" Li Mumu asked.

  Li Zhiyin was stunned for a moment, then slowly shook her head, "I don't know. At least right now, he doesn't have anyone in mind. In addition to the saint's intention, I think he decided to marry me as the Crown Princess after considering many aspects, not because he likes me. This shows that he is a rational person."

  "I think he is not easily swayed by emotions, let alone emotionally moved." Li Zhiyin said.

  "That's fine." Li Mumu said, "Since you don't have anyone you like right now, you two can definitely cultivate your relationship.

  Even though the Saint and he considered you for many reasons, it also means that he thought you were good and chose you."

  "If we really consider all aspects, apart from feelings, in other aspects, Miss Wen is actually not weak at all." Li Mumu said, "Why didn't the prince choose Miss Wen, but chose you?"

  Li Mumu felt that the prince must have some fondness for Li Zhiyin.

  It can even be said that he likes her, but Li Zhiyin just doesn't know it.

  "On the day of the flower viewing banquet, the prince chose your painting without knowing the painter." Li Mumu said, "It can be said that the prince admires you."

  "Of course, I'm not saying this to make you fall in love with the prince too early." Li Mumu said, "but to let you know that the prince may have feelings for you."

  "If he has feelings for you, that's good." Li Mumu said, "Emotions are out of control, but you should try to let him be moved first to avoid getting hurt."

  "I'm one year older than you, but now you have to tell me all this." Li Zhiyin said self-deprecatingly.

  "Onlookers see things more clearly." Li Mumu said, "I was the one who said too much about this matter."

  "How could that be?" Li Zhiyin said, "You know me. My stepmother doesn't care about me, and neither does my father. My grandmother, who raised me since I was a child, can't teach me now. Although my grandfather loves me, he is naturally not that careful in this regard. You are the only one who tells me this."

  "If you don't mind me talking too much, if you encounter something that you can't solve, please discuss it with me." Li Mumu said.

  Li Zhiyin nodded. She hesitated for a moment and asked again, "Actually, I have a question that I didn't have the courage to ask just now."

  "What's the problem?" Li Mumu asked puzzledly.

  She and Li Zhiyin are now very close, and there are rarely any questions that they are embarrassed to ask each other.

  Li Zhiyin said, "I know General Gu has feelings for you, and he never gives more than a glance to other women. But if, I mean if, in the event that General Gu has feelings for someone else... just a little bit, of course it can't compare to how he feels about you, what would you do?"

  "You know, he went to the army the day I married him, so we didn't meet. We didn't know each other at all before we got married. When he came back, he was a stranger to me."