Chapter 357: Apology (I)

Mrs. Liu was about to say against her will that she was not curious, but she discovered that another gaze was also very noticeable.

  Mrs. Liu looked over and saw that Liu Hanlin was also looking at her eagerly.

  Liu Zizheng looks like Liu Hanlin.

  But it was really unbearable for Liu Hanlin, a grown man, to give the same look to Liu Zizheng.

  Liu Zizheng was fair and clean, with a pair of cute big eyes staring at her, which made people's hearts soften.

  Mrs. Liu didn't know that there was a more accurate word to describe it in later generations, which is cute.

  But Liu Hanlin, a rough-skinned old man with a beard, also looked at her with the same eyes, which was disgusting.

  Madam Liu looked away with some hurt eyes, "Don't look at me like that, it really hurts the eyes."

  Liu Hanlin: "..."

  Liu Hanlin had no choice but to look away, thinking, how come his look hurt his eyes?

  "Madam, actually... I also... I also really want to know what the barbecue that the Gu family is eating now tastes like." He had been craving for it for the entire meal.

  Madam Liu looked helplessly at the useless father and son and said, "Although they have invited us, it is just a courtesy. If we really go, wouldn't it be rude? If you are so curious, why not wait a few days and go to Gu's house for a snack."

  "Ah!" Liu Zizheng sighed, "Well, let's go to Gu's house for a snack in a few days and try the fruit tea that Mrs. Gu San made today. When Gu Baiyuan and Gu Bai came to see me today, they each took a cup. I smelled the aroma of fruit and tea together, which was very sweet and refreshing, and it cleared away heat and relieved summer heat."

  Madam Liu: "..."

  "Forget it, I'll be rude this time." Madam Liu thought for a moment and said, "We can have dinner together and express our apologies to them during the meal. Don't let any misunderstandings arise."

  Liu Hanlin and Liu Zizheng didn't expect that Mrs. Liu would really agree. They stood up in surprise and urged Mrs. Liu to hurry over.

  So the three of them took their servants and gifts of apology and went to Gu's house.

  Seeing that they really came to have dinner, Yao Xing did not show any surprise at all, and invited them into the yard very naturally.

  "Because the weather was getting hot, it started to cool down in the evening.

  People suggested that we could have a barbecue in the yard for dinner. Barbecue produces a lot of smoke, and the yard is ventilated and cool. We can also eat it right after it's done. On the way, Yao Xingcai introduced, "This barbecue is best eaten right after it's done."

  Liu Hanlin walked in the courtyard of Gu Mansion. The smell of barbecue was even stronger than at home.

  "This fragrance is very special." Liu Hanlin said, pretending not to be greedy at all.

  "In fact, it's the charcoal fire we usually use for barbecue." Yao Xingcai said, "It's just that with the special barbecue ingredients, mixed with the charcoal fire, the taste is even more special, and it has become a taste that no other restaurant has."

  As he was talking, Yao Xingcai brought the three members of the Liu family to the barbecue courtyard.

  The triple courtyard was bustling with activity.