Chapter 350: Letting the Cat Out Of the Bag

I was afraid that Li Mumu would be angry after hearing what she heard, and would become even angrier when she saw Zhang Qihui angry.

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "Of course, you don't have to take their words to heart. However, although they are talking nonsense, one of their words still makes sense."

  "Can they still say something that makes sense?" Zhang Qihui blinked, showing disdain for what those people said.

  "The last sentence that person said is indeed correct. It is only right to keep all the benefits for yourself." Li Mumu said, "I live a good life, so I don't care what they say. Anyway, they can't live the good life that I do."

  "Comparing the two, women still understand women better." Madam Shang said, "When we were resting in Wangyou before, we heard what the guests said, which was completely different from the views of those men."

  "However, I did gain something from listening to it this time. I didn't expect that even my parents-in-law and my brother and his wife were involved in their plot." Li Mumu said, "My husband has heard this, and he said he doesn't care. But my parents and my brother and his wife often hang out together, so they must have heard a lot, but they never told me."

  After listening to a lot of gossip, the four of them left.

  When Li Mumu returned home, Gu's mother was sitting in the pavilion and Gu Xiuxiu was drawing a portrait of her mother.

  Li Mumu came to the pavilion and Gu's mother saw her, but she couldn't move because Gu Xiuxiu was painting her portrait.

  He could only roll his eyes towards Li Mumu, "Mumu is back! Xiuxiu is drawing my portrait. Master Guan said that Xiuxiu's painting skills are getting better and better. We don't need to go out to find a painter for our own portrait. Xiuxiu's paintings are better than many painters out there. There is no need to go far away."

  Mother Gu was smiling. She was really happy that her granddaughter had such talent.

  Gu Baiyuan studied with Master Guan and his knowledge improved day by day. Master Guan said that he could let Gu Baiyuan try for the college entrance examination in September this year.

  Master Guan has always been a cautious person. No matter what the matter is, he never speaks for sure and always keeps 30% of the answer in reserve.

  Originally, he thought that Gu Baiyuan was not qualified to take the college entrance examination, so he asked Gu Baiyuan to try it first to understand what the college entrance examination was like.

  As expected, it was quite different from the previous county and prefectural examinations.

  Gu Baiyuan really didn't pass the exam.

  But because Gu Baiyuan was young, even if he failed the exam, everyone thought it was normal and did not feel regretful.

  At that time, Master Guan said that Gu Baiyuan would not pass the exam, and he was just going to gain experience for the next time.

  Take the college entrance examination seriously and make adequate preparations.

  But this time, Master Guan said that Gu Baiyuan could try again.

  The Gu family knew that in Master Guan's opinion, Gu Baiyuan should be able to pass the exam.

  Hu Zhiwei passed the examination for a scholar at the age of 29, and now he is 32 years old and has not passed it yet.

  Gu Baiyuan is now 7 years old. If he can really pass the examination and become a scholar, he can be called a child prodigy.

  Although Gu Baijin was not as focused on his studies as Gu Baiyuan, he read all the books he should read.