Chapter 371: Design

Li Zhiyin laughed and said, "Yes, I brought it. I also brought some fruit wine. Do you want some tonight?"

  "Keep the fruit wine for yourself," said the prince. "You prefer the sweet and sour taste. It would be a waste if I drink it."

  The prince also prefers stronger liquor, and sweet and sour fruit wine is more to women's taste.

  "Okay." Li Zhiyin nodded and watched the prince leave.

  The prince came to the imperial study, and the eunuch went to report to the emperor. The emperor was puzzled, as didn't the prince just leave not long ago?

  Back again?

  Is this child so clingy to his father now?
  Pan Lunchi heard the saint muttering to himself and went to welcome the prince in with an expressionless face.

  The saints are now becoming more and more imaginative.

  "What's the matter with you, Prince?" The sage was delighted every time he saw the prince's handsome appearance, and he was especially kind to his eyes.

  Who doesn't like a good-looking, filial and ambitious son to be pleasing to the eyes every day in front of him?
  "Father, I just returned to the East Palace, and the Crown Princess told me that Madam Gu went to see the Crown Princess today and discussed with her about sending skewers and fruit tea to you, father." The prince said.

  "Oh?" The saint was indeed very happy. It showed that Gu Shangqing told Li Mumu immediately after returning yesterday, and Li Mumu also attached great importance to this matter.

  "Why does she still need to consult the Crown Princess?" asked the Saint.

  The prince smiled and said, "Madam Gu is cautious and wants to ask the Crown Princess whether her proposal is appropriate. I went back and heard what the Crown Princess said, so I took the initiative to come here on behalf of the Crown Princess to ask father's opinion."

  "Oh? What's the proposal?" asked the saint.

  The prince said, "Because of the special form of grilled skewers, it is better to eat them right after grilling. Unlike fried chicken, Madam Gu only needs to fry it once at home, send it to the palace, and then have it re-fried by the imperial kitchen, so that the emperor can eat freshly fried chicken."

  "Madam Gu grilled the skewers at home before sending them to the palace. There was no other way to heat them." The prince did not say that Li Mumu was afraid of being framed, but only said that he was afraid of affecting the taste. "Whether it is steamed in a pot or grilled on fire, the taste and heat will change."

  "Besides..." the prince said, "Madam Gu and the Crown Princess don't know about this. They just think it will affect the taste. If the Saint thinks it's not so delicious, it will be not good. But I thought of another level."

  "I have been worried about Su Zhier's predictions recently." The prince said, "Although Su Zhier's previous predictions have not come true, I still think we have to be on guard. If it is false, we are on guard in vain, and I think there is nothing wrong with it. As the saying goes, it is better to be safe than sorry."

  "If it is true, it would be better if we take precautions to prevent it from happening." The prince said, "And father is in good health, it is even more impossible for him to suddenly fall ill."

  "Unless someone tampers with your father's daily expenses, the more so, the more cautious I will be. The palace is usually strictly inspected, so it's hard to do anything. I'm afraid someone will use the food that Madam Gu brings to the palace to tamper with it secretly."