Chapter 391: Exposed

Zhang Yingzi left Old Man Zhang's room and the palace maid waiting in the courtyard said, "Miss Zhang, let's go back quickly. Otherwise, it will be past the palace lunch time."

  "In that case, why don't we have lunch here before leaving?" Zhang Yingzi took the opportunity to say.

  "This matter has not been reported to the Majesty." The palace servant said, "Originally, we were told to return to the palace before lunch, and we dare not disobey. Otherwise, the young lady and the servants will be in trouble."

  Zhang Yingzi really didn't want to go back and eat those cold meals.

  Since we knew that time was tight and we had to go back before lunch, why couldn't we give her more time and let her at least have lunch at Gu's house before leaving?

  "I got it." Zhang Yingzi looked unhappy. She came in a hurry and left in a hurry.

  Zhang Yingzi didn't know that on her way back to the palace, Doctor Lu was in front of the Emperor and Empress.

  "I have found a poison that can cause similar symptoms in my medical skills." Doctor Lu said, "I have tried to adjust the prescription according to this poison, but it is not completely effective. However, it has some effect and is slowly expelling the toxins from Old Man Zhang's body."

  "The saint's guess is correct. Old man Zhang is indeed poisoned, not seriously ill." Doctor Lu said, "It's just that the treatment is not completely correct. The speed of expelling the toxins from Old man Zhang's body is still not as fast as the damage caused by the toxins in his body."

  "But it has been able to slow down the speed of the poison taking effect on Old Man Zhang. At least this has bought me a lot of time to continue studying the poison in Old Man Zhang's body and change the prescription. At least the prescription now has some clues, and we can make some changes based on this prescription." Doctor Lu said.

  "Old man Zhang is getting better now, maybe someone will notice it?" The Queen said, "Zhang Yingzi is going to Gu's house to see old man Zhang today."

  The queen explained to the saint, "As a daughter, we must go back to see our seriously ill father. We cannot stop her from doing this. Otherwise, it will be detrimental to our reputation."

  "Don't worry, Your Majesty." Doctor Lu said, "I added a drug to the prescription that makes Old Man Zhang sleepy. Old Man Zhang has accumulated toxins in his body, so even if he gets better now, there won't be a significant difference from before. Coupled with the sleepiness, it will make people feel that he is getting weaker and weaker."

  The saint nodded and said, "You should quickly research a prescription that can completely cure Old Man Zhang."

  If this poison was really prepared for him, saving Old Man Zhang would be the same as saving himself.

  Although we are now on guard and have set a trap to find out the person who poisoned.

  But just in case, saints still like to make preparations for both scenarios.

  "Yes." Doctor Lu said quickly.

  "Your Majesty, Zhang Yingzi has just entered the palace." Pan Lunchi came to remind.

  When the saint heard Zhang Yingzi's name, his face darkened visibly.

  I disliked Zhang Yingzi before because of her behavior.

  Now that it was confirmed that Old Man Zhang had been poisoned, the Saint became more and more suspicious of Zhang Yingzi's involvement.

  If Zhang Yingzi is really related to Old Man Zhang's poisoning, then Zhang Yingzi deserves death!