Chapter 381: Contact

The reason they are worried is not because they are not confident and afraid, right?

  Zhang Yingzi sneered and said, "Mrs. Gu is really considerate."

  After Jinqiu left, Zhang Yingzi sat down with a gloomy face, but not long after, someone came to bring medicine to Old Man Zhang.

  Old man Zhang had already drunk the porridge cooked in the kitchen, which was added with soaked dried shrimps and scallops, and there was also a bowl of freshly cooked egg custard.

  In the Eastern Palace, the prince came back and went directly to Li Zhiyin.

  "I heard that you invited a royal physician, but where do you feel uncomfortable?" the prince asked as he entered the room.

  "It's not me, it's the father and daughter who saved General Gu before." Li Zhiyin said, explaining the story of Old Man Zhang in detail.

  The prince knew about Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi.

  He was also present when Pan Lunchi came back to report to the saint.

  Pan Lunchi naturally would not say anything good about Zhang Yingzi, but he did not exaggerate either.

  He simply told the saint everything he had seen and heard.

  The sage also said that although Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi saved Gu Shangqing, Zhang Yingzi was really a useless person.

  I was originally planning to give some rewards to Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi, but forget it.

  Besides, Li Mumu has already repaid him.

  If he gave her more rewards, given Zhang Yingzi's confused personality, she might become greedy again.

  The saint and the prince also had a bad impression of Zhang Yingzi.

  But when the prince heard Li Zhiyin's words, he thought more.

  And he had the same idea as Li Zhiyin and Li Mumu.

  It was suspected that Old Man Zhang was poisoned, and this poison was related to the saint's prophecy about his acute illness.

  Regardless of whether it is related or not, there is nothing wrong with being careful.

  The prince decided to conduct a thorough investigation.

  "I suddenly remembered that I have something else to say to my father. I can't have dinner with you." said the prince.

  Li Zhiyin knew that the prince would definitely investigate the matter between Old Man Zhang and Zhang Yingzi.

  This was exactly the purpose of her telling the prince about this matter.

  Originally, Li Zhiyin also wanted to find an opportunity to talk to the prince about Old Man Zhang's illness.

  But the prince cared about her and actually asked.

  Li Zhiyin took this opportunity to tell the story of Old Man Zhang.

  "Business is more important." Li Zhiyin said, and then sent the prince out.

  The prince came to Funing Palace.

  Ever since he began to be on guard against people in the palace trying to harm him, the saint never went to the concubines in the harem again.

  Even the things they send on a daily basis are rarely accepted.

  In addition to some food, nourishing soups and snacks, those naturally could not be made by the concubines themselves, but they were made by the Shangshi Bureau and then delivered to the saint themselves.