Chapter 303: Proof

You guys are hiding this person so secretly and not letting anyone see him.

  If he hadn't taken out the general's token this time, he would probably not have been able to see it.

  The selfishness behind this is obvious.

  In other words, Li Mumu was really sensible. She said that if Old Man Zhang and his daughter had not rescued the person, they would probably not be able to see it now.

  If it really is Gu Shangqing, we should be grateful regardless of whether he has selfish motives or not.

  If it were him, he would be grateful, but he would also be unable to help but feel angry.

  "This is the first time we've encountered something like this. We have no idea what to do. We just wanted to wait until the person's injuries recovered and then leave on our own, but we neglected these things. We're really sorry." Old Man Zhang said as he quickly opened the gate and invited them in.

  "The young man is inside." Old man Zhang led his men outside the house.

  After entering the hall, Yingzi came out before reaching the room where the young man was recuperating.

  Li Mumu saw that Yingzi was also pretty and different from other girls in the village.

  Her skin is fair with a rosy glow, and her eyes are bright and sparkling.

  "Dad, he's still resting, why did you bring so many people in to make a fuss?" Yingzi said to Old Man Zhang, actually expressing her dissatisfaction with Li Mumu and the others, "Didn't we agree before that we shouldn't let anyone disturb him while he's recovering?"

  Old man Zhang sighed. How could he not know Yingzi's selfishness?

  But why didn't Yingzi think about this: when the young man woke up, wouldn't he go home?

  It won't be like those stories told by storytellers in teahouses, where you wake up with amnesia, can't remember anything, and then stay here.

  "This is General Zhao," said Old Man Zhang. "He heard that the young man we rescued looked like someone he knew, so he came to take a look and confirm. If he is, he can take him away and give him proper treatment. If not, he can also help find the young man's family. His family must be very worried now that they have lost contact with him."

  "Put yourself in your shoes, Yingzi. If I lost contact with you, I wouldn't know whether you were alive or dead, and I wouldn't want to live with these old bones of mine. Don't you think so?" Old Man Zhang advised.

  When Yingzi heard that even the general had come, she naturally couldn't stop him, but she still said unwillingly: "We were the ones who saved him."

  "Whether the person inside is my husband or not, I am grateful for the old man and the girl's chivalrous rescue." Li Mumu said sincerely

  He said, "It's just that the girl can only go up the mountain to collect herbs. It's not as safe as a doctor to treat it according to past experience."

  "I know that the villagers make a living by hunting, and it is inevitable that they will get injured. I have experience in treating injuries. But the young man's injuries are serious, and they are not ordinary injuries. If we delay, something might happen to him..." Li Mumu hesitated to speak.

  "Husband? He is your husband?" Yingzi's voice became much louder in shock.

  "It's not confirmed yet, so we need to come and take a look." Li Mumu said, "Miss, please forgive me."