Chapter 77

Leilani's POV

I woke up early today. I couldn't explain it but I smelled the best thing ever. That was until my wolf Callista explained that it was Alex. My mate.

I was relieved because somewhere deep down. The pessimist in me kept saying it was too good to be true. Now I know for sure. He's mine.

After we left Crystal we headed back to the main castle wing. "Leilani, where were you?" Dad asked seriously. I winced.

"I got my wolf dad. Her name is Callista and she's amazing." I said trying to change the topic. He sighed probably already knowing what I was up to.

"Have you seen your brother anywhere? I told him not to go too far." Dad asked. "He's fine. The guards are with him." I responded.

"Good. Calvin and I need to speak to you two. In my office, please. "He said. Alex and I nodded following him. We got to the office to find Calvin and Max already there.

"Have a seat." Dad said going around to sit on his chair in front of us. I already know what this is about based on how serious Dad is being.

"You're both 18. You have packs to rule. However, you two are mated to each other. Which leaves us with two packs." Dad started.

"We talked and there are two options. Alexander, you could merge the packs. Or leave Blood Howlers in someone else's hands." Calvin stated.

Why are they using our full names?

"Of course you have time to decide. Any decision you decide to make, you discuss with your mate. This is a partnership." Dad said.

We nodded.

"We also noticed neither of you were marked." Calvin added. "Dad." Alex exclaimed. "It's just a suggestion." Dad said causing me to hide my face with my hair. I've never been more grateful for thick hair.

"You're making them uncomfortable." Max stated. "No we're preparing them." Calvin said. "Jayce should probably be in here too. He'll meet his mate soon." Dad said.

"And Cole." Calvin added. "Nope, leave the poor boys alone. You two are free to go." Max said interrupting them. "Thank you." I murmured quickly grabbing Alex's hand and walking out.

"Sorry about my dad." Alex sighed. "Don't worry, it was a team effort." I chuckled. "Do you know what you're gonna do. About the packs?" I asked.

"I don't want to merge it. I have Cole, Shaun and Kelly to look after it..."he responded uncertainly. "But?" I asked. "Cole and I have never been separated." He sighed.

"I don't mind if Cole is your royal advisor. It's like your beta. He can do it." I said. "I know he can. But he can also be alpha. It's selfish of me to make him follow me." He responded.

"I'm not sure Cole will feel that way. I think he'd be glad to follow you. Things will change but you guys will be able to figure it out." I said reassuring him.

"You're right. You're always right." Alex murmured wrapping his arm around my waist. He leaned in to kiss me but we were interrupted.

"Whatcha doing?" Shaun asked leaning against the wall with a smirk. Alex groaned. "What does it look like?"he snapped.

Shaun shrugged. "That's what you get for leaving me behind." He murmured. "River and Abby are exploring and Celine isn't someone I'd hang out with willingly. "Shaun stated.

"Sophia is downstairs with Kelly and the Alan but I figured you two were up to something." He added with a shrug. "You suck." Alex said.

"Whatever. Our queen is 18 today. You shouldn't even be walking. We should be working on that hair, dress, make up." Shaun ranted pushing Alex away and picking me up.