Chapter 1

Anastasia's POV

Brrrrring brrrrrring brrring brring

I reached the alarm clock across the table and looked at the time. 10 am. 10 AM?! It is another sleepless night. I quickly made my bed and ran to the bathroom and took a bath in a record time. Putting on a white blouse and black pencil skirt with black pumps, I picked up my bag and went to my mom's house next door.

"Mom! I need to go." I shouted as I went to her kitchen and packed myself a snack.

"Okay Ana. I'm gonna clean your house." Mom said.

"Mom... you don't have to." I said.

"Bob's out, he's playing golf. So I'm gonna entertain myself." She said placing a chicken sandwich at the bag wherein an apple and a bottle of orange juice is packed.

"Thanks mom. Just do not clean my closet, okay? It's a mess. But a mess that I can take care of." I said. There are some messes I cannot fix, though.

"Take care, Anastasia." Mom said as she kissed me at the cheek.

"Yes, mom. See you later." I said as I went out of her house, started the engine of my Saab and zoomed away.
---------------------------------------------------
Christian's POV

Mom is on the floor. She is sleeping. I am playing with my toy car. Mom! Mom doesn't move. I cover her with my blankie. My blankie is small. I am hungry. I stand on a chair and look for food. There is no food. I am thirsty. There is brown liquid on the table. I drink it. It stings. I go back to mommy. I play with my cars. Mommy. Help me. Help.

Fuck. That pathetic sound was me. I am fucking sweaty and breathing as if I just ran 10 miles nonstop. It's 5:30. I change into a pair of sweatpants, put on a jacket and tied my shoes and went out. Run, Grey, run. This is usually how my day goes. Play the piano, run for miles, manage my empire, sleep, try to sleep, wake up. My life for the past year has been nothing but a fucking routine.

Rain starts pouring. Damn. I am not prepared. I should've looked at the weather forecast. I run back to my apartment, take a bath and shaved my five o' clock. Damnit, Grey. What happened to you? I finish shaving and point a finger to my repulsive reflection. Keep it together, Grey. You've conquered a year, you can conquer another.
---------------------------------------------------
"Good morning Mr. Grey. What do you want for breakfast?" Gail asks me as I sat at the stool at the kitchen counter.

"Oatmeal with fruits, some granola and orange juice." I said as I looked at my mails. No one groundbreaking. Just the usual, boring emails.

"Good morning, Mr. Grey." Taylor says as he goes to the elevator. I respond with a nod.

"It's almost a year." Gail says as she sets my meal. And just like that, I lost my appetite. I still eat the food.

"Sir, the car is ready." Taylor said. I left my dishes at the sink and followed Taylor at the elevator.

Frank Sinatra is crooning at the background. Taylor still hadn't placed the tracks I used to listen to at the old A3 I own. All my cars are new, because I am uncomfortable every time I scan the interiors of the car. She is in everything, and I can't forget her even if I tried. God knows I did. My thoughts were interrupted when Taylor stopped in front of the Grey House. "Prepare the R8, I'll drive alone." I said as Taylor closed the door. "Yes sir. Good day." Taylor said. Good day my face.

It is the rush hour at the Grey house. The staff are fighting to ride first at the fucking elevator. I stood in front of the elevator doors, and I can hear my employees talking about me. "He's so handsome, isn't he?" "Yes, but he is so busy with managing his empire."

The elevator door opens, and there is pulling and pushing involved. A man carrying blueprints were pushed away, causing the blueprints to roll. "Do not close the door." I told the person in front of the elevator. He just nodded, dumbstruck.

I helped the man pick up his blueprints, and when I stood up, people were giving me weird looks. "Mind your surroundings next time." I sternly said as I handed him the blueprint and walked toward the elevator. I pushed the button towards the top floor and the elevator ascended up.
------------------------------------------------------
"Good morning Mr. Grey." Andrea said as she placed my coffee at the table. "Happy birthday, Sir." She added. What?

"What date is it?" I asked. How the fuck did I not know the date?

"The 18th of June, sir. I texted you that you have the day vacant." She said. "Have you opened your messages, sir?" She asked as I started scanning my messages. There is a text saying that I have the day off. "Thanks, Andrea. I'll just call you if I need something." Her eyes widened. What the fuck is happening to my staff? "Okay, sir. What time do you want to leave for Georgia?" She asked. Georgia? Holy shit. "Ask Beighley to prepare the helicopter. Handle all my calls." I said as I started typing at my mac. "Okay sir."

I was in too deep into reading mergers and acquisitions when my phone rang. Mia. "Happy birthday big brother!!!!" She shouted.

"My ears, Mia. I'm just 31, I don't want to be fucking deaf at this age." I scowled.

"Language." She said, scolding me like my mother. "So, what are your plans?"

"I'm flying to Georgia later this night. I have some affairs I need to attend to."

"But Christian! This is the first birthday that we wouldn't have dinner! I hate you." She says as I hear her stomp her feet. My baby sister.

"How about we shop after I come back? Just you and me?" I said. Please do not agree. Please do not agree.

"Really? Yay! Thanks bro, happy birthday again. I love you." She said as she blew a kiss.

I laughed. "I love you too, Mia. See you." I said as I hung up. This day's going to be a long day.