Chapter 38

A/N: So,  in case you didn't know just yet, the LA premiere happened two days ago (if I'm not wrong) and most of the reviews from the fans are really, really good. Dakota and Jamie looked amazing as usual, even though Jamie's head is shaved for a project. Anyway, I might see the movie in 3 days (!!!!) and I am so excited!!! That's all, enjoy reading!!!

Christian's POV

It is heartbreaking to leave Ana alone in the cabin. If I was there, I have a few ideas that will always end with me inside her. Damn.

As I walk back, I check my phone for other appointments. I have to go to Portland for work, and at 7 I have an appointment with Flynn. Just one of those regular, have I gone back to being the sadistic little fucker that I was check-up things. I climb back to my helicopter and Taylor is there, on his phone, a small frown in his face. He's always frowning but this looks different. Probably a relationship problem. Where the fuck did that come from?

"Problem?" I ask, starting up the helicopter. He looks at me, completely shocked. "Why are you asking me?" He answers, and I shake my head, smiling. "Never mind." I simply answer. "It's Gail." He finally says. I knew it was that kind of trouble. "Oh." I say, feigning shock. "I cancelled our date for tomorrow." He explains. I snicker. "Now you judge me when I cancel on my wife? I'm sorry, Mr. Grey, for I cannot simply drop everything for my wife unlike some people I know." He says sarcastically.

"You can have a date with her tomorrow. I have the whole security team on Columbia tower all day tomorrow. Everything is already in place." I tell him. "I need to do my job." He argues. "For Christ's sake, Jason. I am a grown man. I have enough skill. Go spend time with your wife." I countered. Just because he is from the military doesn't give him the right to belittle my self-defense skills. "Fine. Thank you. How about Mrs. Grey?" He asks. I look at him pointedly. "Why are you so worried about her?" I ask, pissed off. I hate Ana being close to the staff.

"You know. Are you not afraid something will happen to her? Are you not afraid that she might leave again? Or taken away?" He asks, and for the first time since I learned to drive a helicopter, I experienced a turbulence. Fuck. My worst fears sounds even more stupid when someone says it. I feel like a fucking idiot. "Sawyer's with her. Unless you want to be on her beck and call tomorrow." I say, issuing a challenge. "No thank you, Mr. Grey." He immediately answers.

"Where are you taking her?" I ask. We sound like women. Jeez. "Nothing fancy." He answers curtly. "Take her somewhere fancy. I'll have it arranged." I tell him. "Why?" He asks. "Sometimes, thank you is enough." I say simply, rolling my eyes. I can see the landing already, so I slow down the helicopter. "Thank you, Mr. Grey. I will pay you back." He insisted. "No need." I answer, and we land the helicopter smoothly.

The car is waiting so as soon as we land, I grab my bag from the back of the helicopter and walk towards it. Taylor is arranging logistics, I think. I haven't decided but I might just drive back to Seattle. A few hours of driving is fine. Taylor gets my bag and places it on the backseat and I go inside, making myself comfortable.

Thank god, the greenhouses are near the airport. We arrive in no time, and I start to type a quick message for Ana, telling her I'm already here.

From: Christian Grey

Date: August. 3, 2012 5:08 PM

Subject: Work

To: Anastasia Grey

I'm here. Are you there for work? Or are you leaving me?

I quickly erase the message and start again.