Chapter 31

Anastasia's POV

"Thank you for bringing me here, Christian. I really appreciated it." I said as I kissed his cheek. "We aim to please, Mrs. Grey." He said, smiling. "Let's go to work." I said as I started to sit up. In my surprise, he pulled my arm and I ended up landing on top of him. "I don't wanna go to work." Christian said, pouting like teenager. "Christian Grey, workaholic extraordinaire, the control freak, doesn't want to go to work?" I said, amused.

He nodded, still pouting. "Don't pout." I said. He pouted even more. I pulled his lip with my fingers and he bit my index finger. Shoot. That was hot. "Christian. I'm not kidding. I'll go to work." I said as I removed my hand from his grip. "I can't persuade you?" He asked, staring at me with his puppy eyes.

Damn. How will I be able to resist that? You need to work, Anastasia Rose Steele Grey! "I really need to go to work, Christian. Please." I pleaded. "Are you sure?" He asked me. "Yes." I said as I stood up and gripped my robe tighter. "Cold?" Christian asked me. I nodded. He removed his robe and holy shit, he's just wearing his boxers. My jaw dropped. "You can't walk around like that." I said. "Who told you I can't?" He assured me as he wrapped his robe around me and walked beside me, only in his boxers.

"The paparazzi might see you." I said, panicking. His face suddenly became serious. I immediately removed his robe and handed it to him and he wore it immediately. "Fucking paparazzi." He swore. I wrapped my arm around his waist. "It's alright." I reassured him. He sighed. "I wish I could shelter you from all of the bad in the world, Ana." He uttered, his voice low. "You do. The only bad in my world would be you out of my life." I whispered.

"Then I must be doing a good job." Christian said as he rested my head on his shoulder. We walked back quietly, my hand tracing small circles on his waist. "What are you gonna do today, Mr. CEO?" I asked. "Because my wife doesn't want to stay with me on bed and just make love all day, I'll be going to work. The usual mergers and acquisitions. I might be having a few conference calls and meetings." He replied, the way he replied the time I interviewed him.

Damn. Make love all day. Be strong, Ana. "The offer is still up." He promised. I just nodded, my mouth dry. My frustration from last night is slowly coming back. I looked up at him, and he was looking eagerly at me. "We can be late, right?" I said as I ran my hands on the belt of his robe. He groaned, and caught me off guard by carrying me bridal style. "Of course, Mrs. Grey." He said as he kissed me.

Christian continued walking when he suddenly tumbled and almost fell. There was a camera. "Fucking paparazzi." He uttered as he started running towards our home. "Put me down." I said because I can see that he was completely struggling. "Its okay." He said, catching his breath. We reached the gate and he immediately put me down. He removed his robe and entered the room and grabbed his phone.

"Andrea. Be prepared for the paparazzi. You know the protocol." He said and ended the call. "I failed you." He said, running his hand on his hair, clearly pissed. I walked up to him and held his face in my hands. "You did not, okay? It's just paparazzi. Nothing bad can come out of it." I reassured him, staring at his scared, vulnerable grey eyes.

"I really hate that I can't save you from the cruelty of the world." He told me, staring at my eyes. His eyes are full of intensity, it's so hard to look straight at his eyes. Instead of answering him, I just pulled him and kissed him, putting all I wanna say in that kiss. He kissed me back feverishly, contrasting the gentle strokes of his hands.

He stood up, dragging me a little bit, and I wrapped my legs on his waist. He kissed my jaw, and trailed kisses to my collarbone. He opened a door, locked it and laid me gently on a bed. "Where are we?" I asked him between kisses. "Our room." He answered as he continued kissing me. I sat up a little bit, untied my robe, released it from my shoulders and looked at Christian. "I love you, Anastasia." He said, a declaration of adoration.

"Yours." I whispered, removing my nightgown. "Mine. Always." He answered as he kissed me and we are lost in each other's love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Answer your phone." I said as I brushed my hair with my fingers. Christian stood up and grabbed his phone, giving me a very, very nice view of his backside. "I know you're ogling me, Anastasia." He said, his back still in my view. "I'm just a girl!" I groaned. "Andrea." Christian said as Andrea answered the phone. He sat at the edge of the bed and I sat beside him, mounting my head on his shoulder.

"Mr. Grey. You should see the tabloids." I hear Andrea's voice vaguely. "What is on the tabloids?" Christian asked. "Calm down." I whispered. "Photos of you two, wearing just robes." Andrea answered. Shit. They've misunderstood. "Okay. We'll be there." Christian said as he ended the call. I can feel the anger and fury radiating off him.

I expected him to rage or scream or throw something, but he just remained quiet. "Christian." I said. "Look at me." I commanded him. "We'll face it together. Do you really care about what the goddamned paparazzi would say about us?" I asked him. "They can say whatever they want about us. I don't care. Because I know the truth." I continued. "Really?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Let's prepare for work, then." I said. Our plans of taking a shower together is gone because we need to go to Grey House as early as possible, and doing that might make us late more than we are. While Christian's taking a shower I checked on Teddy and told Gail that we might go home late and she should put Teddy to sleep early. I pumped and stored the milk at the fridge.

I'm so fidgety. Even though I told Christian nothing bad would happen when it comes to the paparazzi, I'm still afraid. I can still clearly remember the tabloids a few months after Christian and I broke off. There was a photo of Christian and Ros out and about and the media dubbed them as the new power couple. Not only that, they called me the harlot who got the mogul's attention temporarily and used his money and got away with it.

Damn. It still hurts. "Ana, are you alright?" Gail asked me. "Yeah." I said, taking a sip of my tea. "Are you ready to go, baby?" Christian asked me as he went down the stairs, arranging his tie. "Come here." I said. He stood in front of me, and I wrapped my legs on his legs. I straightened his tie a little, and we are coincidentally matching. I'm wearing a black collared dress and a coat , and Christian is wearing an onyx pinstripe suit and my favorite tie.

"Let's face them." I said as I wrapped my arm in his and we went out, facing the world.