Chapter 22

Anastasia's POV
"Ana, what would you want for dinner?" Gail asked as we walked inside the house. "Something light. I would just be upstairs." I said as I followed Sawyer up to mine and Christian's office.

"Thank you." I said as I started opening the paper bags and placed the books on our shared bookshelf, and I'm still shocked about how expensive the books are. Most of the books are first editions, and books you can't easily find at an ordinary bookstore. The books I bought look so cheap beside it.

"Mrs. Grey, dinner is ready." Gail said as she opened the door and closed it immediately. I stood up from the floor and carried the paper bags containing clothes outside the room.

I entered Teddy's room, and he was rolling around his crib. How adorable. I opened his cabinet and hung all his clothes and removed its tag prices. I went out and sat down at one of the bar stools.

It has been a few hours and Christian hasn't called me or mailed me yet. Weird...

"Gail?" I called as she went out of the kitchen carrying food. "Yes, Ana?" She answered. "Is Taylor texting you? Christian hasn't replied to my last e-mail yet." I said as I started eating the alle vongole.

"The last text he sent me is that they are still in the office." Gail said. "You can eat with me. Sit." I said as I saw her getting food for herself.

"Thank you, Ana." She said as she smiled and sat beside me. "What's taking them so long?" I asked. "Maybe Mr. Grey is busy." Gail said.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"How was Christian after I left him?" I asked. I know it's a sensitive topic, but I need to know. "Do you have plans on leaving him again, Ana?" Gail asked, her eyes getting wide.

I giggled. "No, Gail. I just want to know." I said as I giggled again. She visibly relaxed and exhaled. "It was a hard time for him, and it also affected all of us. Even Grey House was affected. He didn't go to his office for a month. Ros was going here, trying to talk to him, but he was always drunk and angry." She said, shaking her head.

"He never went to his office for a month? Like never?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Yes. All he would do is walk around your closet, your room, and that room." She said. "Was he destructive?" I asked. "No. We were surprised about that. We thought he would be throwing everything he holds, but it was the opposite. He kept everything that has you in it. Everything." She said.

"He never talked to anyone for a month. I can clearly remember what he said the morning after you left. "This house is not a home anymore. My light is gone." He was devastated. He was so emotionally vulnerable that we hid all things and avoided showing everything that will remind him of you. He never said another word after that. We asked his family to come here. Grace and Carrick went here first, but they got nothing from Christian. But when they came out of Christian's office, their faces were tear streaked."

"Grace told us to take care of him, because he is emotionally fragile. The next one who came was Elliot, but he got nothing from Christian. He was slightly furious. He said the situation reminded him of their childhood. Mia was the last one to come home because she was in Paris. We heard her asking about what happened and where are you, but his answers were monosyllabic and at the best, a phrase. Christian went out, his hand wrapped around Mia and he walked her to her car. After that, Christian went back to your room and he never went out for a week. He never ate. We tried bringing him food, we would knock on the door, but he would open the door, and say "not hungry" and walks away." She continued.

I wiped my tears with my shirt, and sniffled in the ugliest manner. Gail laughed. "Dear. Don't cry. Christian is okay now. He is finally with you. He learned a lot of lessons in that experience. He matured." She said as she stood up and washed our dishes.

"Thank you, Gail." I said. "It's my job." She said as she smiled dearly to me. "No. For the story." I said, smiling shyly. "No problem, Mrs. Grey. It's great to be able to witness your love story. It's definitely extraordinary." She said, laughing a little.

"You have no idea." I said as I smiled and giggled.