Chapter 13

Anastasia's POV
It's already afternoon but Christian's still at my room, shouting at his phone. Well, the man has an empire to run. I am still jittery from the steamy promise Christian made. Will he tease me all day? Will he make love to me? Or will he play with me?

Like he has a bag of sex toys in his car. I laughed at the thought. I heard someone clearing his throat. "I have all sorts of things on my luggage, Anastasia." Christian said, smirking. Oops.

"Are you done with work?" I asked as he walked towards me, like a predator. "Yes. And I have some affairs to attend to." He said as he took another step and went to Teddy's crib. Oh!

"Tease." I said. "Anticipation, Ana." He said as he removed Teddy's pajamas and changed his diapers. "You're becoming good at changing diapers." I said. "I'm a man of many talents, Mrs. Grey, and taking care of my son is becoming one of them." He explained, pride in his voice.

"What's for dinner?" He asked. "Uhh... Actually, I do not have food in the pantry and refrigerator anymore. Maybe we can shop." I said. Christian hates grocery shopping.

"Yeah, sure." He answered, clearly hesitant. "Sure? I could just do it with Taylor." I asked. "No." He abruptly said. I suppressed a laugh. "I am not jealous of Taylor, Ana." He said as he handed me Teddy.

I raised my shirt and started feeding Teddy. "Now I am jealous." He said, staring at Teddy. "Shut up." I said as I closed the door of my room. That man will kill me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How do people do this?" Christian said as he pushed the cart. "You know, not everyone is rich enough to have a personal housekeeper who will cater to all they need. Sometimes you need to learn things the hard way." I explained as I reached for eggs.

He continued pushing the cart. "Well then, I guess this will be an experience for me. Look at all these people buying food from this cheap grocery." He snorted.

All I can do is sigh. "Well all I think you can do is blend in." And damn well he can't. He still looks like the rich guy he is in his gray cashmere sweater, black pants and loafers.

I grabbed ingredients for the Bolognese I'm going to be cooking for dinner. "How were you able to handle being a mother, a CEO, and a daughter at the same time?" He asked, looking curiously at the chocolates and sweets at the aisle.

"You just do. I work at morning, leave Teddy at Mom's, then buy all the things we need before going home. And I don't bring work home. I leave it all at the office so I can bond with Teddy." I explained as I grabbed some gummy bears.

"That's my girl." Christian said, ruffling my hair. "Oh. Teddy's formula." I said, pulling Christian at the aisle with baby formula. "Grab six cans of that." I said as I pointed the cans at the top of the shelf. "Six cans?" He exclaimed, carrying the heavy cans by two.

"It's not my fault that Teddy has a ginormous appetite." I said as I checked the groceries. "We're all set. Congratulations, you've survived a day of shopping." I said, smiling at him.

He exhaled. "Thank fuck." I giggled.

"That's a beautiful sound, Mrs. Grey." He said as he run his fingers in my cheek to my lip. I bit his finger. "Feisty, are we?" Christian playfully said as he grabbed a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Hmmm... delicious memories.

I looked up at him and he was smirking. "Let's go pay." Christian said as he pushed the cart towards the cashier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was dancing to Single Ladies while mixing the sauce when mom appeared at my back door.

"That smells delicious." She said as she got a spoon and tried to get a scoop. "Mom! No!" I playfully said as I swatted her hand away.

"Okay then. Chef's orders." She said as she sat at the counter and watched me cook. "Is Bob not home?" I asked. "He is. But he is talking about that golf stuff I don't get so I left him alone." I laughed.

"Ana-- Mrs. Adams." Christian said. He was shocked, like the rag was pulled under his feet. "Christian. You're still here." Mom said, more of a statement than a question. "Ana hasn't kicked me out yet." He playfully said, staring at me. I blushed under his look.

"I'm quite surprised." Mom said trying to make her voice sound playful. "I should go, Anastasia. I'll talk to you tomorrow morning. It was very nice seeing you, Christian." Mom said aa she exited my house without looking back.

"She was surely pissed off at me." Christian said, placing plates at the table. "Yeah, I think she is. She think I left not only because of you.. cheating.., but also because of me being pregnant. She was so shocked when I arrived alone, carrying all my things, crying for my life." I explained.

"Ana, I never cheated." Christian whispered softly. "I saw it with my own eyes, Christian! I saw you kissing Elena the way you kissed me!" I shouted, tears starting to run down my face. "Ana, it was not me. I pushed her as soon as our lips touched." He pleaded, his expression a mix of sadness, confusion, regret and... fear?

"I don't know, Christian. How could I be sure that you'll never come back to her when you've done it for so many times." I said. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face in his chest.

"It was so painful, Christian. It felt like my heart was pulled out of my chest. I felt like dying." I whispered. He caressed my hair and kissed my temple. "What could I do to prove that I am yours?" He asked softly, looking at my eyes.

"Make love to me, Christian."