Chapter 43

Anastasia's POV

"I like the tulips more." I voice out. "Roses! Big bouquet of red roses!" Mia disagrees, pushing the photo of the arrangement near Kate. "I do not know who to listen to!" Kate groans, slamming her hands on the table. I stand up and get water from the fridge. Weddings are so stressful to plan, but Katherine Kavanagh's is even harder.

"Hey, you just can't get stuff from my fridge!" Kate hisses, looking at me. "Kate, lay off Ana." Elliot interrupts. I look at the men at the couch, watching baseball. Why are men not fussed when it comes to weddings? This is so unfair. "Kate, I don't even care anymore. Pick anything you like." I surrender, rolling my eyes. I just want planning to be over.

"Who's hungry?" Ethan asks. "I am!" We all say. "Okay, I'm ordering pizza. Any requests?" He asks, dialling the pizza place. "No pineapples." Christian says. "No pineapples? You just love to take the fun out of anything, bro." Elliot tells Christian. Mia laughs. "Order a separate pizza for Christian, Ethan. I want my pineapples." Mia tells Ethan. Mia sticks her tongue out at Christian. "Grow up, Mia." Christian scolds Mia. Mia rolls her eyes at his brother and brings back her attention to the binder.

"Forget the table arrangements for a second. Can we talk about dresses?" Mia asks Kate. "We can do that." She says, flipping the pages of her binder. We reach the part for dresses, and it's full of photos, color and fabric swatches. I touch the chiffon swatch and smile. "I'd really like it if I can wear something floor length." I tell Kate. "As long as it's form fitting and makes you look like the bombshell you are." Kate bargains. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. I just don't want to steal your spotlight." I boasted. Mia gasps and Elliot howls. "Oh, shit!" Ethan screams, and we all laugh. "Thank the heavens you are my matron of honour or you'll be dead to me already." Kate warns. "You know I'll never steal your spotlight." I say, hugging her. I look at Christian and he's smirking. He's probably proud or just happy that for once Kate didn't win.

"I ordered one pepperoni pizza, two hawaiian, and one deep dish." Ethan tells all of us as he gets more bottles of beer out of the fridge. "Hey, it's 4 in the afternoon." Mia reminds him. He walks up to Mia and kisses her cheek. "I know. I'm driving anyway so this will be my last bottle." Ethan says as he waves the bottles he's holding. I see Ethan offering Christian some and he shakes his head.

"C'mon, Christian! It's a Saturday, and it's guys night. We're watching baseball. It's almost imperative to get drunk." Elliot reminded him. Christian looks at me. Is he asking for my approval? What in the world? I chuckle and nod. "Fine. I'll have one." Christian concedes. The guys howl. "Woohoo! Finally!" Elliot cheers, and the game starts again.

"What was that about?" Kate asks, her voice low. "What?" I ask, holding the satin swatch. "He's whipped." Mia whispers. I snort. "He's not." I argue. "He definitely is!" Mia chides. "Can we focus at the task at hand please?" I say, changing the topic. "Old rose looks good on you, so we can go with that. It's also in theme." Kate tells me.

"What's your color scheme?" I ask. "Muted tones. White, gold, light brown, old rose." Kate describes. "Very simple yet elegant. That's why the table arrangement should stand out!" Mia concludes. "Can we go back to dresses please?" Kate asks Mia. She nods. I love how Kate and Mia are both tenacious. Their fights are more entertaining.

"Mia, what color do you like?" Kate asks. "Cream." She says. Mia in cream? Well that's just different. "Isn't that too plain?" I ask her. "Hey, my personality is more than enough to brighten it up!" Mia argues. "I know." I say, chuckling. "Okay, so Ana, you wear old rose. Mia and the bridesmaids wear cream." Kate lists. "Are you buying off the rack?" I ask Kate, She drops her pen. "What do you take me for?" Kate asks. "That's blasphemy!" Mia shrieks. "Calm down, I'm just asking. Most of the bridesmaid dresses I wore were off the rack." I explain. "That's a travesty." Mia laments.