Chapter 53

Anastasia's POV

"Mr. Grey, why was the wedding of your brother cancelled?"

"Why did you disappear for two months?"

"There were rumours of you being spotted at Paris. Why?"

I pull Christian close and shield him away from the cameras and we walk briskly until we reach the lobby. Everyone's looking at us and the aura shifts inside the building. Everyone's shocked and slightly afraid. The boss is back.

"You didn't have to do that."

"I had to. Those paparazzi would not leave you alone."

"Thank you." He says, and we reach the elevator.

The door opens and everyone gasps when they see Christian. They get out as fast as they can and Christian escorts me inside the elevator.

"He looks better than ever."

"Of course you would look that good when you spent two months in France."

"I heard he went to the Netherlands."

"He went to vacation without Mrs. Grey?"

"He did?"

"Yes, she's been the one doing the work."

"Huh. Guess he didn't go to Europe for the sights."

Cue the giggling.

"Anastasia." Christian admonishes.

"What?" I ask.

"You are squeezing the blood out of my hand."

I look at his hand and it's getting blue. Shit.

"Sorry." I apologize.

The women gossiping get out of the elevator and we are left alone.

"I guess your vacation excuse worked perfectly fine. Everyone believes it." I snarkily say.

He pulls me close, looking into my eyes. "They can believe whatever they want. You know how much I love you. It doesn't matter what they know and believe in."

"Do you have a mistress somewhere?" I ask as the doors open.

He holds me in my shoulders. "No, Ana. How can you doubt me?"

"I know there will always be someone prettier or smarter or more patient than I am."

He chuckles. "Oh, Ana. If you can only see what I see every day. I'm monogamous and I always will be. Especially now that I'm married to the love of my life and the most beautiful woman in the world. Hell, I haven't even jacked off since we started dating." He says.

I can't help but smile. "That I know of. Well played, Mr. Grey. You are forgiven." I say.

"Your smart mouth is just one of the things I love about you."

"I love you too, babe." I say and we continue walking.

Andrea greets me a good morning and she stutters when she sees Christian.

"Y-you are back." She says.

Christian smiles. "It looks like I am. Black coffee for me and tea for Ana."

"Right away, sir. It's good to have you back."

He opens the door for me and my eyes immediately go to the family photo.

"It looks good." Christian sighs.

"It really does." I say.

"Are there still papers with you?" He asks, going to his desk.