Chapter 24

Anastasia's POV
Christian still hasn't called or replied. What the hell is happening. I dialed his number and again, his most bored, disinterested voice answered me. "Grey, leave a message."

"Where are you? Are you okay? I'm so worried, you'll give me my first gray hair.... Call me as soon as you can, okay?... I miss you. I love you...." I said and I was cut off by the beep.

I went to Teddy's room and he's awake, so I carried him downstairs. "Gail, did Taylor text?" I asked Gail as I passed by her on my way outside. "He did. He said they are busy at work." She answered. "Okay then. Thanks, Gail." I said as I continued walking outside. "No problem, Ana." She said.

I removed my sandals and enjoyed the lush, soft grass. I missed the meadow. I sat and placed Teddy on the grass, and he started pulling on it. "Grass." I said. He looked up at me and smiled, his blue eyes glowing.

He continued pulling the grass and I can hear him grunt. I giggled. "Go Teddy!' I whispered at his ear as he continued pulling. He pulled one last time and he cried. Oh my God.

"Sshhhh." I said as I carried him and stood up, rocking him. "It's alright. You can try again." I said, but he is still whining. So I kneeled, held his hand, and pulled grass for him. "Look! Grass!" I said as I looked at him. He stopped whining and he giggled.

How mercurial.

I placed him on my arms and breastfed him. I was staring at the view for too long until I realized that Teddy was fast asleep. Wow, that was really fast. I brought him inside and placed him on his crib and kissed his forehead. I went back out and lied at the grass, and just stared at the clouds.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I wake up, completely disoriented, and I'm met with gray eyes. Christian. "Am I dreaming?" I asked as I touched his face. "No, you're not. I missed you, Mrs. Grey." He said as he kissed my forehead. I felt like I'm being rocked. I looked down and we are going up the stairs, and Christian's carrying me bridal style.

"The last thing I remember is lying down the grass." I said, scratching my head. "And you fell asleep. I searched for you in every single surface of the house and Gail said you went to the meadow. And you were there." Christian said, shaking his head, clearly amused.

"Where were you?" I asked as he let me down and walked. "I was trying to go home since the morning. But there was something that happened that made me and Taylor take a commercial flight." He said. My mouth is wide open, dumbfounded. "Of course you flew first class." I said. "No, coach." He said.

I stopped walking and stared at him. "Coach? As in economy seats? Wow." I said as I started making an applause for him. His eyes darkened, and his aura changed. "Are you mocking me, Mrs. Grey?" He asked. My inner goddess stirs awake. "No." I answered, suddenly feeling shy.

He starts walking towards me, and closed the door to our bedroom. "Yes, I flew coach, and I did it because I want to go home to my family as soon as possible." He said, holding my face in his hand.

"How sweet." I said, can't help the grin eating my face. "Hearts and flowers." He said, smiling at me. "Welcome home, Mr. Grey." I said as I wrapped my arms around him, and we were lost in each other.