Chapter 8

Anastasia's POV
I've read Christian's email for the hundredth time, but I hadn't replied. What's the use? I know he stalked me since I left. How did I know? Simple. In the middle of October, I checked my bank account and it had five million dollars excess. During Christmas Eve, a delivery man delivered a real pine tree at my front lawn, complete with Christmas decorations and gifts. Overprotective, stinking rich, stalker control freak.

I just placed Teddy on his chair when Kate called. "Hey." I said, grabbing Teddy's bottle and bread and sitting at a chair.

"Our dinner just finished." She said. "What dinner?" I asked. Oh. "Okay. So, what happened?" I said as Teddy held his arms out for me.

"Christian looked happier than I saw him since you left." She said, curious. "And?" I asked, feigning curiosity.

"Mia told us that she had a shopping date with Christian." She said, surprise in her voice. "They did? Wow." I said. I'd bully Christian about that.

"Yeah, they did. And Mia said that the suit he was wearing when he arrived for dinner was the suit that she brought when she saw Christian at your former house." She said.

Where is she going with this? "Go on." I said. "He smelled like you, Ana. And Teddy too. He smelled like his family." She said. Damn. "It was sudden, Kate." I said.

She laughed. "Really, huh." I can imagine her smirking. "Yeah, he arrived here at 2 in the morning." I said, laughing.

"That man is really in love with you, Ana." She said. Wow. Kate agreeing on Christian's actions. "He was a wreck when you left. You both deserve to be happy." She continued.

"He already asked for Ray's blessing." I said, blushing. "Are we at the medieval times?" She joked. "I am so happy for you, Ana." She said, seriousness in her voice.

"Thanks, Kate. Okay, I must go, Teddy's making my sandwich a crumble. Laters." I said. "Laters, Ana. Take care." She said as I ended the call.

"So Christian was the man who arrived at the middle of the night." Mom said as she entered the house, carrying my ironed clothes. I nodded. "You didn't have to do that." I said as I started breastfeeding Teddy.

"Do not change the topic, Anastasia." She said playfully. "Yeah, he did come here." I said, smiling. "Look at you." She said. Am I blushing? Yes, I think I am.

"You deserve to be happy, darling." She said as she combed my hair. "Thanks, mom. I'll inform you next time if someone comes at my house in the middle of the night." I said. She laughed.

"Okay, I should go. Bob's waiting. You should let him take a nap." She said, pinching Teddy's cheeks. "Okay, mom." I said.

I finished breastfeeding Teddy and ate the rest of my sandwich. "You want to sleep, Teddy bear?" I asked. He yawned, his hauntingly beautiful blue eyes glistening. "Let's take a nap." I said. I carried him on our bed and drifted away with him.