Chapter 16

Christian's POV
I kept pacing and my phone rang. "Sir, Mrs. Grey is out with Mr. Kavanagh." Taylor said. Ethan?! "Where?" I asked. "Flounders." He said. "Okay." I said. I carried Teddy's bag, closed my laptop and went out of the house.

What would she do with Ethan? Why would they go at a faraway restaurant? Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't Taylor inform me? Shit. Stop thinking, Grey. I arrived at the restaurant and saw Ethan and Ana sitting at the table. I parked and continued watching them. She looks so happy and relaxed. She was never like that with me.

Stop overthinking! Teddy's in deep sleep, so I left a window open and went out of the car. I walked towards the door and I accidentally overheard Ana and Ethan's conversation.

"Thank you, Ana. Now I realized I really have a chance." Ethan said. "Of course you do." She said, reassuring him. "I'll see you soon." He said as he hugged Ana tight. "Of course. Take care." She said and released herself from her hug.

"I really have a chance."

"Of course."

"I'll see you soon."

Is she... Is this... Shit. I sprinted towards the car door and sat down. She gave Ethan a chance. She doesn't love you anymore. She will be leaving you and you'll be alone forever. You motherfucker who doesn't deserve love. I punched the steering wheel, and wiped my eyes.

"Christian! Open the window!" I heard Ana say as she pounded on the window. "Christian! Please! It's a misunderstanding." She said. "I understand." I said shakily, sobs, jesus christ, sobs, coming out of me.

I opened my window, and saw Ana looking at me. "Christian. Please. Don't cry." She said as she wiped the tears in my eyes. I looked up at her and her face is etched with confusion and fear.

My emotion shifted from sadness to anger. "It's okay, Ana. I understand that you don't love me anymore. I'm a fool, huh? Believing that I can be loved. I know I don't deserve love. He deserves you more than I do." I said, hiding the rage in my voice.

"No, Christian. It's a misunderstanding." She said, her blue eyes pleading. "Get in the car." I said. I need an explanation. Any explanation.

I removed Teddy's baby seat and carried him on my lap. "Christian, it's not about me and Ethan. I don't like him. At all. Not a little bit. And he doesn't like me too." She explained.

I gave her Teddy and started the engine, and drove out of the lot. "Then what was it?" I asked. "I don't think I'm the right person to explain it." She said softly. I looked at her. "Okay. Fine! He likes Mia." She exclaimed. I accidentally stepped on the brake and I decided to put the car at the side of the road.

"At first, it was you. Now it's Mia. What does he want? Is it about the money?" I said, trying to contain the anger. "Christian. Calm down. He really likes Mia." She said. I exhaled, trying to restrain myself.

"Do you still love me?" I whispered, looking at her eyes. I feel... exposed. She caressed my cheek. "Of course. You'll always be my love, Christian. When will you get that into that thick skull of yours? Even if there are four billion men in this world, I'll still want you, Christian. I'm all yours." She said, blushing at her final words.

I smirked. "All mine, huh?" I said wickedly. "Shut up." She said as she playfully hit my arm. "Am I forgiven?" I asked. "Of course." She said as she kissed my cheek. I arched my eyebrow. She pulled me and kissed me hard. I groaned. "Let's go home, Mrs. Grey." I said as we zoomed away.