Epilogue

I dedicate this chapter to the first fictional character I got attached to and fell in love with. Happy birthday, Christian Grey, you're a damn good son, husband and father. Happy father's day. I hope you know how much I love you and thank you for keeping me alive. xx

Christian's POV

a few months after...

Lake Como looks more beautiful if that's even possible. The gods must've known that there's something special happening.

I feel someone tugging in my pyjamas and I open my eyes. Teddy's standing up at the edge of the bed, asking for my attention.

"Good morning, Teddy." I say. I lift him and make him sit at the bed and he starts crawling around.

"Where's momma?" I ask. He just continues to crawl around.

Someone knocks on the door and I get it. It's Elliot.

"Did you just wake up?" He asks.

"Yeah, why?" I ask back.

"Ana's already with Kate. You promised me you'll be a good best man, asshole."

"No expletives in front of Teddy." I warn.

"Fine, baby daddy. Meet me in 30 minutes or I'll remove you as best man."

"You and your slang. I'll be there, idiot." I say, shutting the door to his face.

I make Teddy go sit in his crib, and take a quick shower, shaving my face. Everything in this wedding must go perfect. I already fucked it up the first time, I am definitely not going to fuck it up this time.

After changing into my suit, the one I bought, not the one Elliot picked, I carry Teddy in my arms and I go to the room with loud punk music playing. I cover Teddy's ears and Elliot looks apologetically at me before turning the music down.

"Oh, there's my favourite nephew." Ethan says, and I give him Teddy, tapping his shoulder.

"Hey, I'm his only uncle." Elliot immediately argues.

"Ana and Kate are practically siblings, El. Fuck off." Ethan retorts.

"No cursing." I grit.

"What time is it?" Ethan asks.

Elliot looks at his watch. "Two hours before the wedding. 12 noon."

"Wow, why did no one wake me?" I ask.

"Ana told us you had night shift last night. They have been preparing since 6 in the morning." Ethan explains.

"6 in the morning? What are they doing?" I ask.

"It really takes that long. Make up, hair, photographs, gifts, all those crap."

"How about you? Are you practicing your vows?" I ask.

Ethan laughs. "He already did. There were tears."

I smirk. "Completely normal."

Elliot smiles and tries to say something but I warn him against it. He's the only one who can know that I cried while practicing mine.

Someone knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." Ethan says.

Elliot struggles with putting on his, and I decide to step in. I pull out the tie I wore during my wedding and hand it to him.

"No. way." He says, looking at the Hermes tag.

I nod. "You're really letting me borrow this?" He asks. I nod again.