Chapter 46

Christian's POV

I was just on my way to Ana's office when I receive an email.

From: Anastasia Grey

Date: August. 16, 2012 5:18 PM

Subject: Escala

To: Christian Grey

I am waiting for your presence, Mr. Grey.

Ana x

My jaw drops. She wants to play?  I close my phone and press the button of the elevator for the lobby. I start thinking about Anastasia waiting for me, wearing nothing, kneeling by the door. I twiddle my thumbs with anticipation. The door opens and I walk as fast as I can, and I see Taylor waiting for me at the car.

"Mrs. Grey told me you will sleep at Escala tonight so you won't have a hard time going to the airport tomorrow." Taylor tells me. Yeah, sure. That's why. I had to suppress my smirk. "Yes, she told me. Bring me there, Taylor and come back to your daughter. I heard she just arrived." I tell him. "She did. Gail texted me about it." He says. "Good. The kitchen in the house is at your disposal." I tell him, and he nods.

We arrive at the building. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Grey." Taylor says. "Is the jag at the garage?" I ask. "Yes, Mr. Grey." He answers. "Thank you." I say as I exit the car. We will need that car. I walk slowly towards the elevator but decided to sit at the lobby, prolonging the time. Anticipation is very important to set the mood. It defines who controls the scene. My phone rings.

"Grey." I answer.

"Construction is almost done. Machine will be delivered tomorrow."

"Good to hear. How about the shipping from Taiwan?"

"On the works."

"Good. Update me for development. Thanks, Ros." I tell her and she ends the call.

I was about to turn off my phone when It rings again.

"Grey." I snarl.

"Is that a proper way to greet your mother? Have I not taught you matters?" My mother scolds.

"I'm sorry. Good evening, mother." I greet her.

"Good evening, Christian. How are you?" She asks.

"Good. Just got out of work." I tell her.

"That's it?" She chuckles.

"How's Teddy?" I ask.

"He's currently napping. I didn't know he can babble already." My mother gushes.

"Yes, he can. He said dada, and the rest is history." I report.

"You had the first word? Ugh. Mia gets yours and you get Ted's. When will we get the first word?" Mother complains, and I had to laugh.

"I loved you first." I tell her, just to compensate.

"I know you did, baby boy." My mom says, and I smile.

"Teddy is very mannered. Doesn't scream, doesn't throw tantrums. He just cries when he's hungry. You raised him right, Christian. Just like I knew you will. I am so proud of you, darling." My mother compliments, and I am at a loss for words.

"I mean it." She establishes, and I am choked. I don't know what to say.

"Thank you, mother. All the credits go to Anastasia." I say.

"Oh, dear. Stop with your self-deprecating. I love you. Your father loves you. Ana and Teddy loves you." My mother continues, and this overwhelming feeling consumes me.