Chapter 51

Warning: There is violence and physical and sexual assault. It will get uncomfortable at times.

Anastasia's POV

"This is what we're going to do." Elena starts. "You are bringing 5 million to an address I'm sending, you're telling nobody about this and you get Christian."

"Why will I follow you?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Because if you don't, something will happen to Christian. I'll see you in two hours, Anastasia." Elena says, dropping the call.

I look at my phone, my hands trembling like crazy.

I run towards the elevator, pressing the button frantically. The door opens and I press the button to the ground floor, and as the door opens, I start running, the rollers in my hair falling at the street. I reach Escala and I catch up with the elevator, catching my breath, trying to keep myself together. If I'm going to pull this off, I'm going to need to calm down.

I press the code to the penthouse and I reach the foyer, and I run to the closet. In a rush, I change into a shirt and sweatpants, and I put on the first pair of shoes I see. I go outside and press the button beside one of the Madonnas and it opens, revealing the vault. I type the code, my hand trembling, and the door opens, revealing stacks of money inside. I take as much as I could and close the bag.

I go to Christian's office and open his vault, revealing passports and burner phones. I grab one and run to the garage, picking the nearest car to me. I start the Rolls Royce and I receive a message, just saying the location. Shit. How long has Christian been there? What has Elena done to him? Fuck. I should probably text for backup. But Elena told me that if I tell someone, Christian gets hurt. I need to tell someone.

Focus, Ana!

I call Ethan's number and leave a voice message.

"Hey, Ethan. It's me. I had to run a quick errand. If I don't come back before 10, call me or go to the location I'm going to send you. Delete this and the text as soon as you wrote the address." I say, and end the mail.

I arrive at the location and it's a beach house. I put the burner phone inside my bra, grab the duffel bag from the back and carry it, the weight of it straining my shoulder.

The man who is waiting for me at the door surprises me.

"Stephan." I gasp, barely audible.

He looks at me, his eyes lifeless. Fuck. I knew it. He knows Christian because he's Elena's current submissive. The alcohol I drank last night rises in my throat.

"I'm going to frisk you." He says.

He grabs the bag from me and I raise my arms. He starts inspecting me, and he finds nothing.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"I only follow the order of my mistress." He says.

He tapes my hands together in front of me and I start squirming out of it, but it proves to be too tight. He holds me at my arm tightly to make sure that I don't run.

We enter the house and there's no one. I see Elena at the living room, in a black latex outfit, drinking wine. My stomach turns at the sight of her.

"Oh, our guest is here." Elena says, walking up to us. I don't meet her eyes. I'm not going to give this bitch the satisfaction.

"Is this the money?" She asks. I nod, still not looking at her.

She holds my face by the chin and she slaps me, hard. My ear starts to ring and my cheek starts to burn.