Chapter 81

A/N As Promised to Afreciasamzii, I am throwing in this, mid update for ya all. Happy Reading!!

*Ella*

The room was full of people, there was a blonde girl and a brunet boy in a chair, an older woman on a recliner, and a guy with darker brown hair half laying on me, half sitting next to me. Where am I? The place smelt sterile, familiar but not at the same time, I tried to get the sleepers attention, but the second I tried to move my lips and hand my eyes fluttered shut...

*******

There were voices, no... one, I think. Either there were a lot of voices, or just one and it was echoing. My eyes fluttered open, and my eyes registered Scarlett, I felt my eyes draw in confusion. Were those hand cuffs? She had her head in her hands, sobbing.

"Scarlett?" I asked, her face swimming in tears jerked to mine. I almost didn't recognize her, her hair pulled into a tight bun, no makeup, and I couldn't see her cleavage, maybe she had a twin? A criminal twin?

"Ella? Your awake?" I cocked my head at her.

"Who is Ella?" and she reach up to feel my face I think, and once again I fell back into the shadows.

**Scarlett**

"Nurse!!" I yelled, I once again forgot about my ankle cuffs, and tripped, slowly getting up as Ella's guardian came in, and the nurse.

"What?" Her Nana snapped. Her hatred hurt, but I understood, I pointed.

"She woke up! She just looked at me and said my name, but when I said her name, she just asked who that was!" She didn't look like she believed me, but the nurse grabbed me by the arm, the woman didn't like me... but what I let happen, I don't blame Beth's sister.

"You better not be messing with us." Her grip hurt, but I didn't let it show. No weakness, never let them know.

"She woke up, but she didn't seem to know who she was." And then her eyes fluttered open again, her blue eyes piercing mine.

"Payson? You wont believe what happened to mmm...." And then she passed out again.

***Ella***

"I don't even know if you can hear me anymore, or if you know who I am." I felt something scratchy on my hand, but I knew Tyler was talking to me. Something wet hit my hand, if he licked me I might hit him. "Everyone at school is pooling for you, the principle is moving all your projects so all you have to do is pass the final school test, and you wont loose your class placement." I heard a deep sigh. "Just wake up Fella, even if you don't know who I am. Even if you don't know who you are." I heard a pause, and his voice cracked when he spoke again. "Even if you don't love me."

The last thing I remember was telling Payson about the place I went, and that I spoke to Ruby, that she was wrong, I'm not dead. But I still cant talk, and I focus on not trying, cause when I try, I slip, and when I slip, I'm scared I will die.

****

"I cant count how many times, I have prayed that you get better. Mikey woke up, Tyler went crazy, Ben hasn't left my side, so scared that he will come after me. But I haven't left the hospital much, not with the baby. I wish you were here, well obviously your here. I just... I just wish you were truly here." He high voice was sad, but as she spoke about the baby, her voice was happiness, coated in pain. I know her, I know her name...

"They always say good things can come from the bad, and I wont ever look at my baby bad for what he did... I'll love her anyway..." Beth whispered. "And I need you here, cause I want you to be her godmother. Even if its a boy, I just... I just wish you would wake up."

****

"She's healing just fine, the nerve is going well, but we cant tell anything until she wakes up..." I heard sobbing.

"I'm so sorry..."

****

This time the room was empty, I looked around the place, it was your typical hospital room, it was empty and I saw a red button sitting next to me. A nurse call button, was it worth the risk? Was this moment of consciousness even worth anything with no one in here to share it with? I looked at the button and moved my hand to grabbed it, and this time... it moved. No darkness, no numbness, from the pain in my stomach, numbness was far from where I was. But I welcomed it, cause pain meant two things, one I was alive and second, I was aware of it. With a huge sense of victory, I pressed the button and I heard yelling, Beths sister walked in with a huge smile.

"Well hey blue eyes, done with your nap?" She joked, I smiled at her.

"Do you know where you are?"

"A hospital, and before you ask Annabella Marie Stone, I'm 18, lived here my whole life, and I would like to have Nana rushed herE, before I fall asleep again."

"This isn't the first time you have been conscious, but it is the first time you've known who you are."

"Water." As soon as I realized I was thirsty, I felt parched. She smiled.

"As you wish." She left for a short while, and helped me swallow the water.

"Ella?" I looked to the door and felt the tears well in my eyes.

"Nana!" I gasped, she ran in and threw her arms around me. Still plump, but not nearly so, she cried onto my chest.

"Oh baby girl, I cant believe your awake!" She said in tears.

"How long have I been out?"

"About three and a half weeks." I felt my eyes widen.

"So much for my job." I joke, Nana rolled her eyes.

"I think you were fired the second Tyler told his parents to go to hell, and moved in with me." Nana said, I thought of him.

"Where is he?"

"On his way, and don't worry about school, granted you missed your last day, the fundraiser isn't for another few weeks, and graduation is even farther. All you have to do..."

"Is pass my tests and I get to keep my class placement." I finished for her, I grinned. "I remember more than I thought I would." Nana's face, that showed lack of sleep pulled into tears again..

"I cant believe your back, can you move your legs or anything?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked, she sent an anxious look to Beth's sister.

"You suffered nerve damage, you shouldn't try to move until the doctor gets in, he is in surgery at the moment." I nodded.

"I'm to sore to try anyway." I took a deep breath, and sent a smile to Nana, "Its kind of refreshing to feel the pain." Nana rolled her eyes.

"Only you could at so normal after that ordeal." I flinched when I went to shrug, Beth's sister scolded me.

"How much do you know?" Nana asked, I sighed.

"I know Beth is awake, she told me... a lot. I know that Scarlett was here in handcuffs, but she looked different. I heard you guys a lot, I only really remember waking up two other times. Once when all of you were in here asleep but I didn't recognize you, and once with Scarlett past that I'm not sure which times were real, and which were dreams and memories." Nana nodded, and then the rest of my gang flew in, or 'Nerd Herd' as Scarlett aptly named us. Missing the one face, I needed to see the most.