Chapter 4

<Demi's POV> 

 I was filling some papers, I needed to catch up on this. I let myself for distraction and it wasn't professional at all. Joe was acting like we weren't making out in some shit room at charity party at all and tried to make as much eye contact with me as he could. I guess I should too. I couldn't fail my work, because of him. Or any other guy. If relationship wouldn't work out and fuck buddies definitely wasn't an option neither, we shouldn't mess with our feelings or friendship. If it wasn't messed up enough yet. I decided to forget about it and don't act strange anymore. 

I got up. Mark had to sign something for me and after three hours of sitting on my butt I needed to walk a bit. I was walking through the hospital hall when I heard my name being mentioned by Matt probably. I came closer to the nearest room. I noticed Joe and Matt chatting and I wanted to walk in but something didn't let me. My curiosity probably. Sigh. 

 - She looked so damn hot at that party. I mean, if I didn't know there is something going on between you two, I'd do my best to bang her. – Matt said and I got angry. I was about to come in and make a huge fight there but I needed to see Joe's reaction first. What a jerk. 

- Oh shut up, Matt. You could just do this. – he replied and my mouth dropped. This was definitely not what I expected. – I know, but I think you deserve to bang her first since I'm sure I saw you guys firting. Call me after you untick her from your list. – Matt laughed and I could see Joe shaking his head. – She isn't unticked yet so leave her alone. – he chuckled and I couldn't stand it anymore and just walked away feeling so empty. I felt so cheated, so humiliated, so broken. I thought he cared, we were friends. Such a bullshit, I'm such an idiot, I can't believe I was so naive. Friendship? Between a woman and a man? Not gonna happen. 

I went to Ashley, she was a receptionist and Mark's secretary and I asked her to give him these papers.- I'm not feeling well, I'll go home. – I said when she gave me a worried look. Before she answered something, I quickly went to changing room, changed my clothes and left the hospital. When I was going down stairs to parking place, I noticed Joe flirting with Ashley. My blood boiled. My eyes were getting teary and I wasn't as sad as fucking mad. He was nice to me all the time just to bang me and I couldn't believe that. I was furious, I didn't notice a car behind me. It would almost hit me but the guy stopped it in last second, my heart raced but I just kept going. I heard him cursing at me for not paying any attention but I couldn't care less at that moment. I just wanted to be in my fucking car already. 

 - Demi! – I heard someone's voice but it didn't stop me. It was him. Oh my God, please give me some strength so I don't kill him. At least not in front of the hospital, because they may help him after I kick his ass. - Wait! – he shouted but I ignored him. I was in front of my car and when I was about to open it I felt his strong arms on my waist as he pushed me against the car. – What the hell are you doing?! – he yelled at me and I just slapped his cheek. He looked shocked at me. I think I shocked myself even more though. 

 <Joe's POV> 

 - Wanna come over tonight? – Ashley winked at me and I chuckled. Who wouldn't. She is the hottest chick in the hospital. I couldn't help but notice her big cleavage. She leaned closer. – I offer you an amazing night. – she smirked. – Oh really? – I asked, rubbed her hand and looked into her eyes. They were similar to Demi's, but darker. Demi's eyes were really warm and hypnotizing. Wait, what am I even thinking about... In the corner of my eye I could see someone leaving the hospital in a rush and I was almost sure it was Demi. What the heck, am I paranoid? She should work now. I furrowed my eyebrows.

– Is Demi at work? – I asked and Ash looked at me like I was an alien. I wasn't surprised though, I definitely ruined the moment. – No, she said she is going home, because she didn't feel well. – she replied confused. I didn't say anything but ran off from the hospital to catch Demi. I was worried, because she was in a big rush. When I was going down stairs I noticed a car behind her and my heart stopped for a while. The black machine stopped in last seconds and she jumped off. She kept walking and I could barely stand on my feet. How could she be so fucking careless? It would have hit her.