Chapter 12

<Demi's POV>

Weeks have passed by and I started getting used to Alex's presence in my life again. It seemed weird, yet probably normal. We lived separately, but he would come every evening and spend some time with me. We usually order a pizza and watch horrors or something, he wasn't scared of them like... other person.

Anyway, I was going out from hospital earlier today, because my parents invited me and Alex to some banquet for lawyers. Although I found these really boring I decided to go, because I haven't seen my parents since Dallas's wedding and Alex actually was a lawyer, so he begged me to go too. My parents were so happy we got back together, especially my father, he has always liked him.

- Why so early, Demi? – Christina asked raising an eyebrow. – We're going with Alex to this banquet thing tonight, so I need to get ready and stuff. – I sent her a smile, but she frowned. – What's wrong? – I looked at her curious, but I knew her expression was probably caused by mentioning Alex. She still disliked him. – You know how I feel about your awesome boyfriend, but anyway... Have you talked with Joe? – she sat on a desk taking a bite of an apple. – No, why would I? – I shrugged my arms and she rolled her eyes. – He treated me like some random chick, I still haven't got any apology. Don't think I will lick his ass. – I said and checked my phone. I still had some time, I missed talking with Christina, but thinking about Joe made me pissed. And hurt a bit. – Demi, come on... Really? I know Joe likes girls and stuff, but don't you think he dumped you, because he had other reasons? Like, I know he cared so much about you. You were really good friends, weren't you? And you moved on pretty quick... - she said looking down. I came closer. – Other reasons? Has he told you anything? – I asked wondering what she meant. Although Joe acted like a jerk, I missed him too. – No. – Christina said shrugging her arms, but I could tell she hid something. – Hey, we're friends, right? Tell me, I know you're lying. – I punched her smirking as she let out a giggle. – Isn't it blackmailing? – she pouted and I shook my head. – I'm gonna buy you a coffee. – I said laughing when she put her hands in the air. I knew it would work.

- I talked with him, but I'm not gonna tell you any details. Just... you say he acted like a jerk, but you gave Alex another chance the same day you and Joe broke up which doesn't make you a saint neither... Maybe that's why he didn't even talk with you? – she suggested and I bit my lip feeling kinda guilty. Joe was ignoring me all this time without any word. I judged him too fast, maybe he had a reason too.

– First of all... giving another chance doesn't mean I slept with him! I just forgave him. – I defended myself, which was true. I made the rules clear at the beginning. Now we moved to next step, because there weren't any reasons not to do that, but Alex needed to prove that he cares before we got closer. – Yeah, but you still let him stay for a night. – she rolled her eyes and I opened my mouth ready to defend myself again when something hit me. I've never told her about it.

– How do you even know? – I squinted my eyes and she let out a groan. – I hate you, it's not possible to hide something from you. – she sighed and rubbed her tired eyes. – Tell me. – I demanded feeling more and more curious.

– Joe told me he wanted to explain you everything so he went after you that day and all he got was seeing Alex half naked who couldn't stop talking about you taking a shower. Another reason to kick that douchebag off your life. – she explained. – Anyway... I gotta go, but if I were you I'd talk with Joe. I think he struggles with something, you can see it in his eyes but he won't tell me. You both can't live without each other. – she winked at me and left. Suddenly I felt so bad. Not because of last comment, just because she was right. We need to sort things out.