Chapter 32

<Demi's POV>

I woke up feeling a cold breeze going through my body. Not being able to open my eyes just yet, my hand was looking for a quilt on the bed. It was nowhere to be found. I opened my eyes, darkness surrounding me. I only heard someone breathing heavily. Joe.

I slowly got up concerned, noticing his silhouette on the corner of the bed. His face was covered with his hands and if it wasn't for the moonlight I wouldn't be able to see how sweaty he was. I moved closer placing my hand on his left shoulder, causing him to jump. – You okay? – we both asked in the same time.
I nodded my head leaning in. I kissed his arm trying to calm him down a bit. His eyes were following my each move though. I was confused.

– Have you had a bad dream? – I finally asked ruining tense silence. – I don't know. – he ran his fingers through his hair letting out a sigh. I furrowed my eyebrows feeling more worried with each second. I noticed his hands were shaking. – You were sleeping all this time? – he asked stroking my thigh. I nodded my head not understanding.

– Good. – he whispered pulling me close and kissing my forehead. – Go back to sleep, baby girl. – he made me lay down again but got up himself and left the room. I wouldn't be myself if I hadn't followed him of course. It wasn't even about my curiosity, I could tell something was wrong and if five minutes ago all I wanted was going back to sleep, at that moment I was wide awake.

I went downstairs careful to not fall and followed the light coming out of kitchen. My eyes landed on his back, he was drinking water. I came closer and wrapped my arms around his waist.

– Tell me what happened, Joseph. – I whispered and planted a kiss on his neck. I felt chills going down his spine, he seemed to be more relaxed though.

– Just a nightmare. – he turned around pulling me close.

– What had you so shook though? – I cupped his face pecking his lips gently.

– When I woke up I thought I lost you... - he whispered in my hair, I opened my eyes wider and embraced him tighter. I didn't know what to say.

– I was thinking about waking you up to be honest to check if you aren't giving birth during sleep. – I chuckled a bit.

– I don't think anyone would be able to fall asleep while pushing another human out of own vagina, but I'm okay, you don't have to worry. – he giggled.

I kissed his cheek and took his hand leading him upstairs.

– Carefully. – he whispered holding my waist when my foot hit the first step.

– Alright, dad. – I held myself not to laugh, but on the other hand I hoped he wouldn't be super overprotective now.

We eventually made it to our, well, to my bedroom. After we had laid down Joe wrapped the quilt around me and placed his head right next to mine. I giggled. – What? – he smiled at me. – I wanna be sure you fall asleep. – he pecked my forehead. I cuddled to him and wrapped him in the middle with my right arm.

– I don't want to sleep anymore though. – I said grinning at him. Joe rubbed his eyes. He looked so tired.

– What do you want to do then? – he asked making himself more comfortable. – Something your beloved mother wouldn't approve. – I smirked and bit his earlobe making him chuckle. He shook his head yawning. I soon joined him, yawning was so contagious, it actually made me laugh.

– Girl, I think you definitely need rest. – Joe joked and tickled me a bit. It made me laugh even more.

– Why am I laughing at 4am? – I asked hiding my face in his shoulder.