Chapter 39

<Joe's POV>

I closed my eyes letting out a long yawn. I was so damn tired, but the view I've had in front of me meant everything. There he was, Aiden lying comfortably on my stomach and energetically gesticulating his tiny hands in the air. I smiled rubbing his back gently. He was getting impatient, quite bored with his mom taking too long to prepare a bath. She wanted to take a quick shower after a long day and then she would also wash AJ, but until she got back – it was my turn to look after our son, who enjoyed being a little nudist. He needed his diaper changed twenty minutes ago and it was pointless to give him a new one, when he was about to bathe. I prayed he wouldn't pee on me though, it has happened a few times already and it wasn't a nice memory.

I began making noises with my mouth to catch his attention and although it worked, my son quickly lost his interest in this as well. His big brown eyes were looking around, his voice getting more dramatic. I knew he would soon burst into tears, so I started rocking him gently forth and back, being aware that it calmed him down.

Demi came in a few minutes later putting a towel on her head. She smiled looking at us pecking Aiden's head.

– What about me? – I pouted making her laugh. She shook her head.

– These were the most relaxing twenty minutes I've had in this month. – she admitted stretching a bit and I let out a sigh, understandable. I wish I could help her more with AJ or the flat, but moving my arms was still difficult to me.

– Come here little guy, we don't want you to be smelly, do we? – she cooed to Aiden making him squeal a bit. She lifted him up but when she felt he started to pee, she laid him on my stomach again.

– Are you fucking serious? – I groaned looking down at my T-shirt which has already had a visible stain. Demi threw her head back laughing.

– Hey, I just took a shower, you still need one anyway. – she shrugged her arms with a smirk picking him up again. I furrowed my eyebrows, they both seemed to be satisfied.

Two against one? Not fair.

I brought AJ's pyjamas and some baby cream from his room and went to the bathroom. Demi was almost done with bathing him so I gave her a towel too. Thankfully, Aiden didn't hate baths like most babies used too. Demi wrapped a towel around him drying him a bit and laid him down on the changing table. I was distracting him while she put a diaper and his baby onesie on. It was too big for him, but Demi being Demi (as stubborn as always) bought it anyway. She loved buying baby clothes, it would be safe for me to say she was obsessed with little onesies.

I dried his hair not wanting him to get sick. Half of August was gone and days were really warm, sometimes even hot, but nights were quite cold. We didn't want to risk anything, we didn't plan to spend any more time in hospital.

Demi helped me to take my wet t-shirt off and took Aiden to his room to feed him. I felt like a kid myself because I couldn't do much without her help. I let out a sigh and hopped in the shower.

I wore my boxers only and dried my hair, then walked out the bathroom. I didn't notice Demi in the bedroom so I went to AJ's room to check out on them. The view I saw melt my heart. Demi was taking a pic of Aiden in her favourite onesie. He was asleep and looked so peacefully. I had to admit, he rocked these onesies she forced him to wear. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pecked her head multiple times. She smiled showing me a pic she took:

 She smiled showing me a pic she took: