Chapter 36

<Demi's POV>

I tried to keep my eyes open but my eyelids felt so heavy. I was exhausted but I couldn't get enough of seeing my son's beautiful and peaceful face. It all didn't seemed real to me. Three days ago, I was taking pics of my huge belly in the mirror.

I used to take them each month so I'd have some kind of a diary of my pregnancy. I figured out it was my first and could be the last one, since Joe couldn't have kids. That's why I wanted to memorize every detail.

Although... That have changed lately, after I had laid my eyes on my first child, realizing how similar he looked to Joe. It was unbelievable. I was sure that if I went through Joe's childhood photos, I'd find some where he looked like my baby.

The more I stared at his baby face, the more doubts I've got though. I had Alex's face on my mind too, trying to solve this mystery: which one of them was an actual father. Everything was saying it's Joe, the timing, my son's features, etc.

But he was so damn sure he couldn't have children.

Did he lie to me? No, I don't think he did. Maybe his manhood problem fixed itself or they gave him a wrong diagnose? I knew he'd do anything for this baby to be his, not Alex's. It was visible though my whole pregnancy. And now he is in coma and might never get a chance to find out he was able to reproduce. What more, he had a beautiful son waiting for him.

I gently kissed my munchkin's head.

I still needed to give him a name and I obviously have had an idea on my mind, but I wanted to wait for Joe, so he wouldn't feel left behind with this important decision. I hoped he would join us soon and we could get back together to my flat. All three of us.

I heard somebody knocking a few times and before I had a chance to say anything, my mom came in with a huge grin on her face. I sent her a weak smile as she kissed my forehead, awing when she laid her eyes on her first grandson.

– I'm so, so proud of you. – she whispered squeezing my hand. I nodded my head as it was the easiest way to say 'thank you'.

I was very grateful to have her support, I needed her. I had no idea how to be a good mom myself. It was all new and unknown for me.

– He is beautiful. – she cooed making me chuckle. I heard that a lot, but I couldn't deny, could I? I actually felt so proud that I made him. He was the most beautiful creature I've ever laid my eyes on.

Maybe I wasn't objective, but which mom was?

Mom. I am a mom. That was a magical feeling.

I heard the doors opening once again and I bit my lip seeing my father. I was about to greet him, but then I noticed Alex behind him. My smile faded away and I sent him a glare. I didn't want him there, it was just rude.

– What are you doing here? – I spat ignoring my parents' shook expressions. I only wrapped my arms tighter around my son not breaking my glare.

– You can't take his son away from him. – my father said and I looked at him surprised.

Surprised in all the worst ways possible.

Why the hell was he defending this douche when his own daughter could have died in a car accident? He could lost me and his grandson but he only cared about Alex.

I was beyond pissed.

I looked down at my angel, only he could make me calm. It worked once again. I smiled and raised my head.