Chapter 33

<Demi's POV>

I was walking through hospital hall when I noticed a young couple in the main entrance. The girl was holding his arm tight and she was barely walking, the other hand placed on her stomach. She was whimpering in pain. I rushed into their direction before they made it to the reception desk. The boy noticed me and I quickly called a nurse to get this girl a wheelchair.

– Please, help me. – she cried out loud, although this boy next to her seemed to be even more scared. I helped her sit in the wheelchair, asking what happened. – We were just having a walk, when this terrible pain caught her, so I took her here... - he scratched his head, his hands were shaky.

– Please fill in the information files here and I will take her to other room. – I pointed reception to that boy, but he didn't want to leave this girl alone. It warmed my heart, although I wanted to help her as fast as it was possible.

– I want him by my side. – she sobbed and I kneeled down in front of her.

– It won't be long, okay? I promise you are in good hands and I will do anything I can to help you. – I reassured her and I took her to an USG room. I found out her name was Claire.

– Lay down, please. – she managed to stand up from the wheelchair and lay on that bed with my help only. I had to make an interview though.

– Have you noticed something wrong lately? Stomach pains? Nauseas? Fainting? – I said touching her stomach with my hands. When I placed them on lower part she jumped. She must have been in such a horrible pain.

– I've lost my appetite lately and I felt quite weak, so me and Adam went out for a walk to get some fresh air and I've got this horrible pain. – her voice cracked and I felt so sorry for her. I put a gel on her stomach.

– How old are you? – I asked turning the machine on.

– S-sixteen. – she mumbled and I looked at her.

– Are you sexually active? – I've asked but I haven't got any answer. She looked down.

– Hey, it's okay. You can tell me. – I smiled warmly at her and squeezed her hand. Claire nodded her head and her cheeks became red. It was easy to notice since the rest of her face looked so pale. – When was the last time you have had your period? – I asked wiping her sweaty forehead. – I don't know... last month or further. – she replied. I nodded my head having some sort of an idea what could be the reason of the pain. I started an ultrasonography. A smile appeared on my face when I saw a small silhouette. I also did a gynaecological examination to be sure if everything was okay.

– Claire. – I cleared my throat, she laid her eyes on me and I put a stethoscope to her stomach.

– Can you hear it? – I asked smiling.

– It's a beat... - she whispered looking at me confused. I nodded my head.

– It's not just a beat, it's a heartbeat. – I smiled and put her hand on her stomach. Her jaw dropped.

– Congratulations, you're pregnant, it's the middle of 10th week. – I said but she wasn't as happy as I was. There appeared even more tears on her cheeks.

– No... Please no. – she choked and started sobbing harder. I let out a sigh. It was a common reaction of people her age, I knew she will get judged by parents, friends, teachers. That could be tough without a huge amount of support. I pulled her into a hug. – But I had my period! Not this month, but surely I have had before! – she looked at me with teary eyes. I sighed.