Chapter 14

<Demi's POV>

The following week was horrible. Morning sicknesses caught me every day, I barely could go out of my bed without throwing up. I still couldn't handle these "news", I didn't even know if they were bad ones or good ones. I felt bad that I couldn't love the baby which was growing inside of me, everything was totally opposite. I hated it more and more every hour. I was alone with it. I had plenty of time to think and realized I'm gonna do everything to keep that baby away from Alex. I knew he would be happy if he found out I was pregnant, but not because he cared. Because it would be another chance to sneak into my family and run my father's office. I let out a sigh feeling so lonely. Dallas was busy with her husband, she was so happy in this marriage. Joe wouldn't even answer my calls, I didn't talk with my parents, with dad mainly. I have to hide this pregnancy from him, too. I let tears roll down my face wrapping a blanket around myself.

I texted my boss some days ago saying I won't make it to hospital and he fully understood. I was already considering going on maternity leave due to my bad state of health. Physical and mental health. I knew morning sickness should disappear soon and I loved my work, but mentally I felt so tired. I really did.

Coming back to Joe, I felt really guilty about every single word I've said the last time he was in my flat. It also bothered me a lot that he didn't even care to ask how I feel. I know he had full rights to be angry and upset though.

I felt my phone buzzing so I looked at it smiling when I noticed it was Christina. At least she didn't disappoint me.

– Hey, what's up? – I cleared my throat not wanting to worry her with my weak voice.

– My dick. – she joked and I chuckled slightly turning off TV so I could better hear my friend.

– How are you feeling? Be honest. – I let out a sigh.

– Like a crap. – I answered honestly feeling a need to say it out loud to someone.

– Should I come over with chocolate ice creams? – Christina asked making me giggle and I have never realized how thankful I'm for her in my life until now.

– Not today, I need to re-think some things and I look like I was dead. It's not even Halloween yet. – I groaned making her laugh.

– Yeah, perks of being pregnant, boo. – we both chuckled now.

– Don't act like you were a forty five woman who gave birth to six kids so far! – I rolled my eyes laughing. – Okay, okay, but I'm so excited to meet my fav nephew/niece. I can't wait to spoil your adorable baby and be their favourite auntie. – Christina squealed and it made me think a bit. I imagined this little human being in my arms and I had this warm feeling in my chest. I've always wanted to become a mom, haven't I? I placed my hand on my stomach rubbing it slowly listening to Christy talking about her day in work. She was such a optimist and I thought I needed to change my attitude as well. For this baby. My baby.

– Have you talked with Joe? – I bit my lip curious how he was doing. I missed his arms around me. Oh man, how much I wish he was there to comfort me.

– Well... he... um... - she became messy and it made me worry, she hid something.

– He what? – I furrowed my eyebrows taking some deep breaths feeling sick again. I heard her sighing.

– Well, remember when he got an offer to work in New York in that famous hospital? He said he is up to this. I really tried to make him change his mind, but he already talked with Mark and he even packed his stuff... That's why the atmosphere is so shit there. I hope you're gonna work a bit more before you go for maternity leave, otherwise we lost two best doctors which sucks so bad. – my mouth dropped.