Chapter 34

<Joe's POV>

I stirred the spaghetti sauce one more time and poured it out on the pasta on the certain plates. I made sure everything looked perfect and took the plates carefully to the dining room. I grabbed only two of them because nerves took over and my hands were shaky. I laid them on the table in front of Lisa and Skylar. They both sent me a warm smile and I rushed for the other plates back to the kitchen.

This is what you call a boyfriend material. – Lisa said to Demi when I entered the room again. I chuckled a bit.

– If you say so... - Demi playfully rolled her eyes smirking at me.

– Do you have a different opinion, babe? – I looked at Demi taking a seat next to her.

– Nope. – she pecked my lips quick with a grin.

– Good. Enjoy the meal girls. – I said and began to eat my favourite dish.

They were talking about school, moving out and stuff but I couldn't focus on the talk, I was staring at Demi with a blank face and thinking about my flight to NYC the following day. Demi and Christina made me realize that I should come back here, to LA. I wanted to be with Demi through the rest of pregnancy. Also my mother would have one less problem to complain about and I could be closer to my brothers and friends. I guess I just felt so proud people from other state wanted me to work for them and I needed a new start back then, that's why I moved out and sold my flat. It was so silly and spontaneous, how stupid I was thinking I could leave Demi when she was the source of my happiness? Exactly. I missed the crew here, too. Although, I had to go back and talk with my boss. I knew he would be so pissed about my decision, but I didn't care.

I promised to do two important surgeries, so I'd probably stay in NYC for two or three weeks, then move out. But where to? I knew Demi liked my presence in her flat and I was a big help if it came to cooking etc., but we actually have never talked about living together for longer. Were we ready for that? Was I? These two weeks I've been here went perfectly fine, we managed not to argue too much, spent nice evenings together, even better nights. We even have been using one car every day. But two weeks might be way different than two years. A lot of things can change. What if my mom wanted to visit and Demi won't be in the mood? What if we broke up? Where would I go? Yeah, I think I definitely needed to buy a flat there again. Close to Demi, though. Maybe I will use it often, maybe almost not at all, but independence was something all men needed.

I shook my head gently and got back to the talk, trying to process what they were talking about. The baby. Great, next topic which was stressing me out. I knew how much Demi wanted to know the gender, so we agreed she would get to know it alone tomorrow. Her belly was pretty big to be honest, but I didn't want to say anything. She was already depressed because of all the pounds she has gained during these five, almost six months.

Of course, I'd love to be with her during it, but thinking rationally she didn't have much scans, two rushed ones and one of the was when baby was turned around. I didn't want her to wait one month more, maybe something wasn't right? I'd never forgive myself if anything wrong happened to her/him, because Demi waited too long with a scan. I woke up from my thoughts again when I saw Lisa getting up.

Lisa and Skylar were moving out to Colorado two days later. They have already come to say goodbye, because they had many errands to run and no spare time.

I noticed tears shining in Demi's eyes, even if they have known each other for like... a month? I wasn't surprised though, Skylar was a great girl. She hugged Demi tight and I took my phone out of my pocket. Sky gave me a stern look.