Chapter 44

<Joe's POV>

A long yawn escaped from my mouth while I was watching TV in our bedroom. I finally had some time for myself, because Demi's younger sister took Aiden for a walk earlier. He had fallen asleep before they came back and now he was peacefully napping so I didn't have to keep an eye on him all the time. I kept switching channels, because there was nothing interesting on. Although it was still better than sitting in a living room with Demi's parents who kept arguing, especially when I knew I was partially the reason of their arguments. Demi was getting ready in the bathroom next to our room, I found it strange though. I didn't like the idea of her going out with Dallas to the club with strippers, etc. I knew Demi would be mad at me if I went to the striptease club with my pals, but after sitting at home for a year she deserved to have some fun. Something in my mind was telling me it was a bad idea though. I remember when she went to Dallas' bachelorette party. She didn't even remember anything from it and had the biggest hangover the following day while sleeping at her duty. Then, our "charity" party when we ended up making out in some room for brooms after having one drink only.

– Do I look okay? – she entered the room waking me up from my thoughts. My jaw dropped when she twirled around. Demi was wearing a short black tight dress which was hugging her ass perfectly. I smirked.

– I'm not letting you out of this room. – I mumbled bringing her on my lap. I kissed her collarbone.

– You're a hot momma. – I whispered into her ear. She grinned at me. I was about to speak my mind about this whole bachelorette night when I noticed that specific sparkle in her eyes, which made me realize how excited she was for this evening. I couldn't ruin it.

– I love you. - she said making herself more comfortable on my legs. I rolled my eyes playfully and puckered lips at her making her chuckle. We shared a quick, but pretty sweet kiss, our lips staying connected and we lasted like this for a while. I finally pulled away and caressed her cheek.

– I can't believe I've known you for so long and I haven't tried hitting on you earlier. – I stated and we both laughed.

– Hey, I was taken back then! – she exclaimed with a smile and I shrugged my arms.

– But you've always had a crush on me, we both know it. – I smirked and pecked her lips. Blush covered her cheeks as she tried to play it cool by rolling her eyes. I laughed.

– You're handsome, not my fault. – she wrapped her arms around my neck, hiding her face.

– Them Jonas genes. – I murmured satisfied, making her laugh. I shushed her though, due to the fact Aiden was sleeping next to us.

*

I pecked Demi's lips one more time and waved her off as I heard Aiden crying in our bedroom. I lazily went upstairs to calm him down. It was around eight and I was kind of mad he had fallen asleep earlier, now he would be up till late. I cooed at him hugging him tightly. My chest pain increased as soon as I picked him up, but I just gritted my teeth trying to ignore it. I turned around after my ears have heard knocking on the door and a smile appeared on my face when I saw Mark.

I reminded myself that Demi wanted me to have a talk with him.

– What's up? – I asked without changing my face expression and encouraged him to sit with me. He seemed like a nice guy, but I knew he was also friends with Alex. I didn't trust him in one hundred percent, but I couldn't judge him by his friendships. He grinned at Aiden and sat down on bed, then rested on his elbows.

– I'm so bored, man. It ain't fair they are partying and we are stuck here with their parents. – he rolled his eyes making me chuckle.

– But. – he smirked while getting up and walked out of the room. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion for a moment. My face lit up after he had brought a bag, four beers inside. He shut the door and opened two cans passing me one. I shook my head gently with a chuckle.