Chapter 27

<Joe's POV>

You know you're a busy person when your alarm makes noise at 5:30 in the morning.

I jumped a little bit opening my eyes and quickly turned it off hoping it wouldn't wake Demi. Unfortunately she heard it and started stirring with a wry face. I let out a sigh, but a smile formed on my lips when her hand started making traces on the bed sheets, in the place I was laid a few seconds ago.

Demi opened one eye, then closed it after the sunlight hit her. She blinked a few times and looked at me confused, her body resting on her elbows.

– What time is it? – she yawned falling on her pillow again. I laughed slightly and wrapped my arms around her.

– Way too early, I'm sorry, I forgot to turn off my alarm. – I kissed her forehead gently as she nodded.

Suddenly I felt a strong urge to cough, so I turned my head to the left. Demi opened her eyes again placing her hand on my cheek.

– You okay? – she asked concerned. I nodded smiling and pulled her into hug again.

– Are you sure? I don't like this cough. – she frowned.

– Perks of dating a doctor. – I rolled my eyes and we both chuckled.

– Don't change the topic though. – Demi lectured me. I sighed.

– I don't know, maybe next time you could share this duvet with me, so my butt cheeks don't freeze, huh? – I furrowed my eyebrows while Demi was giggling.

– Do you think it's funny, Lovato? – I tickled her a bit making her squeal. I pinched her ass and she slapped my chest gently still chuckling. – I don't know if it's funny Jonas, but don't interrupt my sleep or I'll kill you. I haven't slept much this night. – She turned around covering herself with ¾ of the duvet and I rolled my eyes again. – You won't believe, but me neither. – she laughed and I clung to her nibbling her earlobe. She jumped a bit.

– Oh myy Gaawddd, Joe what was that? – she groaned and I looked at her apologetically. How embarrassing.

– It's morning, come on... it's not my fault. – I covered my face in her hair feeling embarrassed as fuck.

– Yeah, you have much more than just butt cheeks frozen. – she murmured with a smirk making fun of me.

– I hate you. – I mumbled trying to pull the bed sheets over me, but Demi's grip was too strong. I let out a deep sigh.

She already was slowly falling asleep, so I didn't want to wake her up again.

I unlocked my phone seeing it was after six. I decided to get up and make breakfast, but first I needed a shower. A warm one.

It took me around 20 minutes to freshen up, I also shaved myself, because Demi was complaining whole night that my fresh beard makes her uncomfortable. Last time she told me it makes me look way sexier. I can't cope with this woman, damn.

I shook my head and went out of the bathroom covered with a towel. I hope Skylar was sleeping, because I've had enough awkwardness for one morning.

I wore black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. I ran my fingers through my hair and went to the kitchen.

I made myself a cup of coffee and opened the fridge searching for something. There were a lot of eggs so I decided to make omelettes. I wasn't sure about Skylar, but Demi surely loved them.

I turned up the radio, not too loud though but still. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while, I really missed New York, man.

I heard the footsteps so I turned around, smiling slightly when I noticed Skylar. She looked surprised to see me there, it was quite early but still – smiled back. She came closer taking a glass out of the cupboard.