Chapter 24

I walked downstairs and saw Kate on the couch. She was watching something on T.V.

"What are you watching?" I asked. She flinched when she heard my voice.

"Is everything alright?" I asked taking a step closer. I took another step closer and she ran up to her room. I followed and caught her before she could lock the door. I held her arms as she tried to get away.

"Please don't hurt me." She pleaded as tears fell from her eyes. I immediately let go and she shut the door. I would never hurt her. Why would she think that? I loved her. I just wanted to hug her again! But she was scared of me. The pain I felt over that was worse than dying. I just wanted her to remember me. I wanted her to know that I was the person that would always be there for her. I wanted her to open her door and hug me. I wanted her say I love you.

I awoke to the sound of a scream. Kate. I shot out of bed and ran into Kate's room. She was sobbing on her bed. She looked up at me and started sobbing harder. I sprinted up to her and she scrambled off her bed.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said. She crumpled up into a ball on the ground and hid her face with her hands.

"Help! Someone please help me!" She sobbed. I dropped to my knees and tried to hug her. But she screamed and started sobbing harder. My heart just shattered. She really truly was scared of me.

"Kate I love you please try and listen to me!" I pleaded reaching out my hand to touch her. Her eyes light up for a split second and I knew she had recognized me. But then the darkness that was clouding her mind came back and she started to scream.

I heard Selena come in she gave me the get out of the room look. I complied and silently watched from the hallway. She gathered Kate up in her arms and helped her back into bed. Once Kate was settled she walked up to me shutting the door behind her.

"I know this is hard for you. But if Kate is going to get better, you need to leave. It's what the doctor said. I didn't listen to him, but the doctor is right. She's scared of you." Selena said.

"Can I least stay for her birthday tomorrow." I replied.

"If you love her you'll leave. Your presence is hurting her. I know you love her, but this is what's best for her." She said. I knew Selena was right. But I just didn't want to leave Kate. I loved her so much. She was my everything... But I nodded and went back to my room to gather my things. I left the house shortly knowing on the inside that this was a bad mistake. It was 4:30 in the morning and thankfully the paparazzi weren't around. I got home and I couldn't fall back asleep. I mean who could, knowing that the person you love most doesn't even know who you are.

END OF PART ONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for reading this far:) Love you all! Please COMMENT and VOTE!!