Chapter 26

I walked down the stairs and saw Kate eating breakfast. She was so beautiful.

"Hey Kate!" I said walking up to her.

"Uh... Hi!" She answered giving me an awkward smile.

"Are you doing anything today?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have to study." She said getting up.

"Oh, how about tomorrow." I offered.

"Um Justin I don't want sound rude, but I'm in a relationship right now." She explained.

"Yeah, um before I went on tour we were dating. So I just-"

"I don't know how to say this, but, I know we were in a relationship before. But I don't remember any of it. I honestly don't remember any of the last couple years. But I do know that I really like Brian."

"I'm not giving up on you Kate."

"There are plenty of other people out there Justin! And I'm not the one."

"I love you."

"What?" She whispered her voice was barley audible.

"We are meant to be together. We were once in love."

"Even if we were in love before, I'm not in love with you now." She said and then walked upstairs. I couldn't give up. We were meant to be together. She was just confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the living room to see Kate angrily tossing her phone into the coffee table.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, yes I, Brian was supposed to be here a half an hour ago." She said sighing. I couldn't help but feel happy that they were having trouble with their relationship.

"He cheated on you once." I stated taking advantage of this moment to show Kate what a real jerk he was.

"I honestly cannot believe that you are that desperate! Brian is not who you think he is! He already told me and he's very sorry about it!"

"If he gets a second chance why don't I?" I yelled back letting my anger get the best of me.

"Because I don't remember your first chance!" She yelled and then stormed out of the room. My heart sank at her words. I had to face the truth, Kate didn't remember me and probably never would.

"Don't give up." I heard Selena say.

"But she's never going to remember what we had!" I yelled turning around to look at her.

"But maybe that's for the best. Just because she doesn't remember what you used to have, doesn't mean you can't show her. It will take time. But eventually she will fall for you."

"You really think so."

"Yes, Brian is going to mess up sooner or later and you have to be there to pick up the pieces. Because unlike Brian, you know where they fit." Selena explained. Sometimes I had the hardest time understanding her crazy similes. But I did get one thing out of it, I love Kate and i need to show her that she loves me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! xx

Please VOTE and COMMENT!xx