Chapter 12

"I love you." I say and place my lips against his.

"I love you too." Josh says and kisses me.

"I don't want to hide us anymore." I say and kiss him again.

"Are you sure?" He asks squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, I'm really sure." I reply and kiss him again.

"Cut!" the director yells. "Kate can I talk to you?" the director asks.

"Yeah, of course." I reply.

"We have a bit of a problem." He says.

"I'm sorry um what is the problem?" I ask.

"Kate, you are the female lead in this movie. I can't have my lead looking like a beached whale." He says. I stifle a gasp. Did he just call me fat? "You need to lose some weight." He says.

"B'but I'm a healthy weight." I say feeling really embarrassed. Weight was never something I had to worry about. I honestly thought I had a good body! I mean I was rated hottest women in at least 7 magazines!

"Lose 10 pounds in the next week."

"In a week! I can't do that!" I say gasping.

"Don't make me regret choosing you." he says and walks away.

"I won't let you down..." I say. I quickly head back to my trailer and change out of my set clothes. I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I yell.

"Hi," James say's walking in.

"Hi," I reply.

"I heard about what the director said to you." He says.

"Yeah, it's okay. It's part of the job I guess."

"It is," he says sitting down on the couch next to me. I move away a little.

"Um I don't want to sound rude. But why are you here?" I ask.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He says moving closer to me.

"That's nice of you." I say standing up.

"Do you wanna get something to eat? I know a plac-" James says but I cut him off.

"I'm married." I say. James grabs my hand pulls me into him and plants his lips on mine. I shove him away from me letting out a gasp.

"I'm sorry, I just."

"I think you should leave." I say opening the trailer door. James nods his head and leaves. I sigh and fall onto the couch. I honestly don't know what to do. Has he been enjoying kissing me during scenes? I shiver at the thought. I love one person and that's

***

"It's getting cold out." Justin says taking off his jacket.

"Yeah it is."

"So anything interesting happen today?" Justin asks lifting up his menu.

"Uh nothing. Nothing happened." I stutter.

"Are you okay?" Justin asks looking concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just hungry." I say opening my menu.

"Haha I think I'm gonna get the 12 ounce steak." Justin says. I scan the menu and stop at the pasta section. My directors words echo in my head. "Beached whale."

"I'm gonna get a Caesar salad." I say.

"I thought you said you were hungry?" Justin says.

"Uh yeah I just want to be healthy." I say.

"Oh, I see." Justin says. The waitress comes over and takes our orders and also asks for an auto graph.

"I wonder what it would be like to just walk outside and have no one notice me. It would be awesome!" Justin says.

"Careful what you wish for!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, but it would be nice to have the spot light off of me for awhile." He says.

"I know, but we're really blessed." I say.

"Yeah we are." Justin replies.

"How's the album coming?" I ask fiddling with my napkin.

"Good, it's coming along. You should do a song on it with me." Justin says.

"I thought we established that I can't sing." I say.

"You just think you can't! Have you ever tried?"

"I'm not a musician Justin." I say.

"Do remember that time we sang together? It was at Selena's house it was during the first couple days we met."

"Yeah, I remember." I say.

"You were really good!" Justin says.

"I basically mumbled the whole song!" I say.

"No you didn't! You sang it really well!" Justin exclaims.

"Justin, I'm sorry. But we've talked about this. We'll never have one of those musical relationships." I say l
sighing.

"Your meal has arrived!" the waitress chirps placing my salad in front of me. She quickly places Justin's steak in front of him and shuffles away.

"Just think about it okay?" Justin pleads.

"Okay." I say sighing.

"Thanks." He replies smiling at me. I flash a smile at him and turn my attention to my wimpy excuse for dinner.

"We should come here more often." Justin says and shoves another piece of steak in his mouth. I stare longingly at his meal. "You can have some if you want." Justin says.

"No it's okay. My salad is really good." I say shoveling another forkful of tasteless leaves into my mouth. We finish eating and head home.

"We should go swimming!" Justin exclaims as we pull into the drive way.

"How about just the hot tub." I say.

"Sure." Justin replies. We get out of the car and head upstairs to our room. I pull out my red polka dot bikini. But then the directors words echo in my head. "Beached whale." And I just grab my one piece. I quickly change and head downstairs with a towel wrapped around my waist.

I quickly slide into the hot tub.

"I love hot tubs!" Justin exclaims kissing me.

"Me too." I reply and kiss him back. We spend a little bit longer in the hot tub just making fun of each other until my skin starts to feel pruney and we decide to get out.

"We should spend more quality time together." I say pull up the covers around my body. .

"Yeah we really should." Justin says and hugs me. I rest my head in the crook in his neck and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! I know this chapter was pretty boring but things will pick up pace!

Please COMMENT and VOTE!!:)