Chapter 16

Justin's P.O.V

I silently wait in the waiting room for news on Kate. She just passed out in the middle of the church! Selena and Scooter are here too. Selena hasn't said anything to me or to anyone for that matter. Scooter on the other hand will not shut up. He's trying to be supportive but it really isn't helping.

I know I've said it before, but Kate's my everything. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Mr. Bieber." A doctor says walking towards us.

"Yes!" I reply jumping out of
my chair.

"Why don't you sit down." The doctor says pulling up a chair across from. I nod my head and sit back down. This means we're going to be getting bad news.

"So let me just get to it. Kate's been starving herself."

"Are you sure?" I ask. And then I realize he's right. When was the last time I saw Kate eat a real meal?!

"Yes we're sure. This can happen a lot to female celebrities. And also according to her file she's been through quite a lot. But if Kate wants to be healthy she needs to stop and start eating healthy."

"I can't believe I didn't notice this." I say. This is all my fault. Did I make her feel like she wasn't skinny enough? how did I not notice this?!

"It's not your fault she was probably just very good at hiding it."

"I guess so, can I see her?" I ask.

"Yes, but only one at a time." The doctor says.

"You go first Justin." Selena says. I nod my head and get up. The doctor shows me her room and then leaves.

I walk in and see Kate asleep in a hospital bed. She looks so peaceful. I walk up to her and take her hand interlocking our fingers. Her eyes start to flutter and she blinks them open.

"Justin?" she says sitting up. "I'm so sorry." she says tears forming in her eyes.

"Kate you don't have to be sorry about anything."

"I ruined your grandmas funeral!" She yells and then her eyes get really wide. She starts to tremble and tears start to roll down her cheeks. I wrap my arms around her letting her sob into my chest.

"Shhh it's okay. You didn't ruin anything." I whisper running my hand through her hair. She continues to sob
so I do the only thing I can think of. I start to sing.

"If I could take away the pain and put a smile on your face baby I would baby I would. If I could make a better way so you could see a better day baby I would baby I would..." She stops sobbing and pulls away wiping the tears from her eyes.

"When do I get to leave?" She asks.

"I don't know. But not for some time. Kate, I know that you've been starving yourself."

"I wasn't."

"Don't lie to me Kate." I say. "Why are you doing this to yourself? Did I ever make you feel like you weren't good enough?"

"No! No, that's not why. It was the director of the movie. He said I had to lose 10 pounds by the end of the week! It was the only way I could've lost the weight Justin!" she explains. "He called me a beached whale..." she says covering her face with her hands.

This makes me so angry. I literally want to punch a hole through that director. I pull out my phone and start to scroll through my contacts to find the directors phone number. I think his name was John.

"What are you doing?" Kate asks.

"I'm calling that director!" I reply.

"No! Justin stop no! I am going to finish this movie! I have to!"